Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OCC
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us will be attending a Thunderhill open track event with the Norcal-SAAC (shelby club) on Sunday, April 23. Norcal-SAAC has been organizing very successful and safe open track events for several decades now. This is a perfect event to enjoy your Supra for what it's meant for... road courses!

If any of you are interested, you can still sign up, but spaces are limited.

Check out this link for more info: http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/0604th.htm

Even if you decide not to participate in the event with your car, swing by to say what's up! Look for the Pro-Lex canopy! We'll be pitted alongside some nice Shelby cars.

sushi

·
Registered
528 Posts
Have their run groups gotten any smaller? I did several events with them ~5 years ago, and the events were very well run and safe, but too crowded IMO. Run groups were ~35 cars, and since you can't run with the "fast" cars unless you have a cage, I spent 90% of my day staring at Mustang bumpers waiting for passing zones.

·
OCC
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric,

I was looking at the list of entries... looks like 90 or so cars are signed up for Sunday. They have 4 run groups so we'll see. Nice thing about this event is that it's not an all ford event... variety is good! I think I saw a couple '06 Z06's signed up as well.

Thinking about signing up?

sushi

·
Registered
528 Posts
SupraTuRD said:
Eric,

I was looking at the list of entries... looks like 90 or so cars are signed up for Sunday. They have 4 run groups so we'll see. Nice thing about this event is that it's not an all ford event... variety is good! I think I saw a couple '06 Z06's signed up as well.

Thinking about signing up?

sushi

Maybe. I've got to go out of town for several days some time before the end of the month, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen yet. It's been way too long since my last event.

·
OCC
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric said:
Maybe. I've got to go out of town for several days some time before the end of the month, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen yet. It's been way too long since my last event.
Let me know if you decide to go... should be a blast. :bigthumb:

·
OCC
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We pulled out of this event in time to get our full refunds due to unsettled weather. Looks like we'll be attempting HPDE @ Infineon. I hope the weather cooperates this time. :drool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts