Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking around and noticed this hood. I had been meaning to ask you guys, is it any good? $399 seems like a killer price for a CF hood...But if it's crap then it's a bunch of money tossed out the window.

I did try a search, but didn't notice anything on this hood imparticular.

Thanks. :)

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
The good company is C-west. I have never heard of C-wings. I say get the CFX hood. SUpport duane.
I would but Ive seen a thread not so long ago abt his CF hoods breaking apart?

that made me unsure about getting one from him. I need to be absolutely sure that its good quality and secured that doesnt break away.

·
:)
2,125 Posts
thats the socal hood from the group bu ya long time ago..they have a little dip in the middle of the hood from the mold.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
hawkeye said:
The good company is C-west. I have never heard of C-wings. I say get the CFX hood. SUpport duane.
kinda hard when it's over $600 US and has to be shipped from Canada... :rolleyes:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrBoost said:
Damn, that's hella cheap tho.
Is why I was hoping someone here had one, or knew someone with one. Want to know if they are worth the money. :)

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
I'm always cautious when companies try to name theirs after a famous company. I'm especially cautious over that price. I wouldn't buy it anyway, the ricers have ruined CF for me.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bishop92T said:
I'm always cautious when companies try to name theirs after a famous company. I'm especially cautious over that price. I wouldn't buy it anyway, the ricers have ruined CF for me.
I like it if done right. I never put a CF hood on my last car as I didn't like the way the hood notched between the popup lights. But with the CF headlight covers and a CF hood, it would, visually, change the lines along the front.

I am going for some "show" here. But more go. Chris is helping do a lot of engine work to this car, so it will be fast, but I want some pretty stuff too. :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
fatboy said:
kinda hard when it's over $600 US and has to be shipped from Canada... :rolleyes:
Gotta pay to play.

As for this hood.. unless I see some pics of the mounting for the hinges that aren't covered by cardboard, I aint buying.

Also look at the hood latch. It looks like shit in the pics...

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Bishop92T said:
I wouldn't buy it anyway, the ricers have ruined CF for me.
No doubt, sporting a CF hood vs. body colored is all the rage lately around here with the Riceboys, that and the wings seem to keep getting bigger!:dunno:

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
when i went to sema this year i talked to them and say there products they are a great company they had some other hoods for different cars and they looked great if u guys havent seen they are the company with the carbon kevlar full body ab flug replica which also was very impressive just my 2 cents
craig

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
wow..the price dropped from the last time i checked out a cf hood.. and..yea..ricer's have ruined the cf look..that's y u get it painted :) heh..but im too poor to afford paint :(

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
How impossible would it be to get it painted?

I've seen the F50 and the painted CF is a classy look.

I would get this hood, but don't wanna be "that guy" with a black hood white car.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
If I buy a CF hood(which I will) I won't paint it. CF looks damn good and why ruin the beauty of CF. Whats the point on being a ricer if you have a cf hood? It's not like you have a flat black painted hood, that really sucks!:lol:

My 2cents.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
No way bro.

Painted CF looks bad ass.... you can see the weaves through the paint.

It's pretty bad ass.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
MK3Brent said:
No way bro.

Painted CF looks bad ass.... you can see the weaves through the paint.

It's pretty bad ass.
Huh? Painted CF looks like painted metal, unless it is a rough finish. Maybe you saw a CF piece painted in a candy or translucent paint.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts