Supra Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
3,796 Posts
I know very little about CF so could someone please explain to me why you dont see the weave on the underside of the hood? Is the underside fiberglass or something?

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Well it helps if you guys live within driving distance of Duanes shop so you can pic the hood up yourself!

I can guarentee that Duanes hood does not come apart!! Come on guys, where would you geta comment like that from? I have never heard anything about any of Duanes newer design CF hoods having any problems whatsoever!

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The problem with duanes hood IIRC was not that it delaminated or the frame separated from the skin... it was damaged in shipping.

Ill try to try to find the post.

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
He packages his hoods very well and yes I'm sure some where along the way a hood will get damaged in shipping but that is not his fault in any way!

Anything damaged in shipping would be replaced under insurance! I can tell you though that that does not happen very often at all!

Jason

·
Registered
945 Posts
MK3Brent said:
Well, when I watched the top gear on the F50... he said something along the lines of "painted CF"

and the camera got close and you could see it.

I'll download it again and check it out.
I LOVE THAT VIDEO Tiff is an awesome driver and yes the Ferarri F50 is COMPLETELY CF!!!! i saw the weaves and bout nutted in my desk chair. :wackit:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts