Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I would be very happy with 550 rwhp. Anybody try or know someone who has put upgraded 720cc venoms or similar in there Supra. I just got my single
on now fuel needed. Pros and cons anyone? with just doing dropin injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and better fuel pump vs full fuel system upgrade?

almost 400 hp need more boost need more fuel hopefully evc 5 will get me to 460
with re-tune?

1993 white auto single turbo
t04r turbo
upgraded auto
dragon 3400 stall torque converter
greddy 3 row
hks wastegate
Buster's downpipe
map-ecu
hks ignition booster
just got hks evs 5 not installed my evc ez broke

·
Registered
403 Posts
Very good question, I have often pondered the same thing. Seems that if you get a large enough set of injectors and enough fuel pressure to back it up, it would be about as good as an entire fuel system for anything under XXX amount of hp. :dunno:

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
SUPRATFORME2 said:
Hey Guys,

I would be very happy with 550 rwhp. Anybody try or know someone who has put upgraded 720cc venoms or similar in there Supra. I just got my single
on now fuel needed. Pros and cons anyone? with just doing dropin injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and better fuel pump vs full fuel system upgrade?

almost 400 hp need more boost need more fuel hopefully evc 5 will get me to 460
with re-tune?

1993 white auto single turbo
t04r turbo
upgraded auto
dragon 3400 stall torque converter
greddy 3 row
hks wastegate
Buster's downpipe
map-ecu
hks ignition booster
just got hks evs 5 not installed my evc ez broke
The oem fuel system (bone-stock, no modifications) is good to at least 475rwhp in an auto, and at least 525rwhp in a 6spd. This is assuming clean&balanced injectors, good fuel pump, etc.

With a fuel pressure regulator upgrade kit, (i.e. oem injectors running at a higher base fuel pressure), and a fpdb, >600rwhp is possible.

G

·
I'm not sure what you mean by "an entire fuel system". Injectors, fuel pump, FPR *IS* a fuel system. The only other part you'd add is change to bigger size hoses but that's probably not necessary at 720cc levels.

·
Registered
403 Posts
What I meant by "entire fuel system" is the kits that are available that replace everything that is fuel related on the car stock. So what available options are there for drop in sidefeed fuel injectors? I noticed that Blitz makes a set but by the time you buy six of those you can get a set of top feed injectors in equal size with a fuel rail for the same amount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts