Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking of this the other day and wondering how many people out there actually use a Field's (Replacement) Harness or any other sort of harness to wire up all their aftermarket electronics? I mean, yes if it can save you hacking up your stock harness but hopefully you have someone who you trust and is very knowledgeable who is doing your wiring so it's not totally a hack job. I know its NOT necessary because unlike lets say, the S2000 guys who still have to worry about voiding their warranty, we don't have to worry about that. But is it highly highly highly recommended? If so, how many people are actually using one?

Let me know your opinions. Thanks!

-Phu

·
Old School
4,102 Posts
I have one, it's great.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lagtime said:
I have one, it's great.

I'm considering it, but I was just wondering
how many out there are actually using one.
I bet it makes installs much cleaner. Thanks
for your reply lagtime.

-Phu

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I bought mine years ago when they were $130:) It sucks how much they are now, but I would get one if you are going to install anything more than a bcc. I prewired mine outside the car for a safc. Makes life easy. At this point I have the safc, racelogic and vpc all wired into the harness. No way I would try all of this on the factory harness. Just not long enough.

·
Old School
4,102 Posts
supra400hptt said:
...but I would get one if you are going to install anything more than a bcc. I prewired mine outside the car for a safc. Makes life easy. At this point I have the safc, racelogic and vpc all wired into the harness. No way I would try all of this on the factory harness. Just not long enough.
We think the same. Even at $275 for the one sold by MVP (which is the one I have, and is of better quality than the original Fields) it's worth it for ease of installation when wiring in multiple things.

And I agree, the stock harness has almost no slack in the wiring, too easy to mess it up or end up with an intermittent connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts