Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is painted, but they are unable to locate the front "T" emblem in my color anywhere, not even in japan. The one i have now is in fair condition, with paint chipped off of it and the chrome is starting to pit.

I have a teal supra, and my dad ordered a black emblem without asking me. Do you think this will look alright? I haven't seen the car yet, so I'm not sure if I'm going to repaint the white letters on the back or leave them as they are. I hear they look pretty good painted the same as the rest of the car. Would a white emblem look better?

Thanks for any input.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
cant you get the people who are painting your car to paint it. It might be a PITA, but would look a lot better then black imo..

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is one possibility. It's going to be a PITA to paint it, it'll all have to be done with a small brush and by hand. that's what we're trying to avoid.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
What’s your color code Nocheez. Ill see if my work can get ahold of one, they are pretty good. Id much rather have the correct color emblem.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The part number is 75331-14120-H0 for my exact color (medium turquoise metallic).

I'll have to dig up the paint code if you need that.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
That should be good enough, but might as well check it just in case :dunno:

Its easy to locate on the door jamb area. The 3 letter/number code following CTR:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It's easy to locate when you're not 500 miles away from your car :)

edit: I do have a bottle of touch up paint back home, I'll grab the code then.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Nocheez said:
It's easy to locate when you're not 500 miles away from your car :)

edit: I do have a bottle of touch up paint back home, I'll grab the code then.
Oh, ha, I see. Well, no rush, I'm sure the part number will suffice.

·
Project Mayhem!!!
789 Posts
if i am not mistaken, all the old part#`s for the different colors supercede to the black. get 'ta paintin' that bad boy!

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol not surprised you cant find it in your color, isnt teal like the rarest color with 91-92. If it ever came to it, you could just get them to paint it. it would be a PITA but its those little touches that make the car. :)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
FYI, there is no such thing as a late model "T" emblem on 1990 cars. the 1990 cars use the older square TOYOTA badge.

i prefer the 89-90 nose piece w/ this square badge as its MUCH easier to care for and detail around, and alot more low key... less gaudy than the big gigantic ******* belt buckle Toyota emblem ;)

·
Project Mayhem!!!
789 Posts
flubyux2 said:
FYI, there is no such thing as a late model "T" emblem on 1990 cars. the 1990 cars use the older square TOYOTA badge.

i prefer the 89-90 nose piece w/ this square badge as its MUCH easier to care for and detail around, and alot more low key... less gaudy than the big gigantic ******* belt buckle Toyota emblem ;)

"belt buckle" :bigthumb: that`s great!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
flubyux2 said:

Ah, that's just jealousy of not having a 91-92 :D

You probably think sawblades look better than the 5-stars too :lol:

J/K

So this post isn't a total waste: the car is painted! I have some pictures but they are pretty shitty (my dad isn't so good with the camera). I'll put them up after work today.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
lol... youre misinformed son... my first car was a 91 turbo. RTA Racing supra now owns it and rocking it w/ the 5-stars which are far greater than sawblades. the sheer weight difference is enough to switch... and the charming good looks are a bonus.

i switched to the 89-90 nose piece w/ the square badge because its more low-key and easier to maintain. the paint on the background of the Belt Buckle Toyota emblem is unwaxable and it will peel and/or oxidize. this is the main reason why i switched. the paint on the background of my emblem was PINK and my car was red. i said "f all this noise" and switched to a 90 nose piece, its FAntastic! the car is Teh win!!! i would have kept it since it is now the Culmination of ALL the finest features the MK3 ever came with!

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Nocheez, My parts manager is checking on the status of the emblem. He said he has to do an "off line order" to find out for sure. He said they should get back to him within a week. So if you want to wait that long, I can see if its still possible to get one.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I can check locally here too, since Canada has different parts distribution centres, it's possible one of them may have one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts