Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to sell my 300zx TT, and with the cash i make frmothe sale, as well as my savings, I want to purchase a 6spd Supra. Im not going to lie though, Im not very mechanically inclined at all. I can do basic maintenance and such, nothign too serious. Do you guys think that this purchase might be a little over my head and I should stick to something easier , (ie. Honduh Power) or should I buy one and learn on it. JW from members perspective

peace

·
Registered
326 Posts
VenomZ32-MKIV said:
Im about to sell my 300zx TT, and with the cash i make frmothe sale, as well as my savings, I want to purchase a 6spd Supra. Im not going to lie though, Im not very mechanically inclined at all. I can do basic maintenance and such, nothign too serious. Do you guys think that this purchase might be a little over my head and I should stick to something easier , (ie. Honduh Power) or should I buy one and learn on it. JW from members perspective

peace
If you can afford $25K+ then get a Supra TT. If you can't afford that amount. Stick with the Z32 TT and build it up.

I would also do a search to get more info.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you can afford it you should buy it. You basically learn as you go and the forums have tons of information that can help you with anything you need.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your willing to learn (MKIV.com, forums, search), then your not over your head, as long as you can afford it as well.

And watch out for scams. If the price looks to good to be true, it probably is.
Ex - $8k for TT 6spd with 30k miles....Don't get caught up in it, although it can look very appealing, be very cautious of these types of "deals"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea my main concern is if I deserve one. I have enough money and market knowledge to get it. I think Im going to buy a service manual and read it haha.

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
AZSUPRATT said:
If you can afford it you should buy it. You basically learn as you go and the forums have tons of information that can help you with anything you need.

I didn't know my ass from my elbows...and i pretty much still dont... but you learn a ton from people on the forums.....Whenever you have a question, dumb or not ask because somewhere it's been done before and someone knows how to fix the problem....I pretty much was able to buy one and I did, not knowing a damn thing....goodluck and if you get the car....you will love it

·
Registered
491 Posts
I change the oil and put gas in mine..... That is the extent of my mechanical ability.
If you are lucky, you might find some friends on the forum in your area who are willing to help you install parts like I did! I provide the food and drinks, and they turn the wrenches while I help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts