Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As per the title which is the best boost controller.
Which is the best bang per buck? I want Value For Money but as many features as is possible.

HKS EVC4
Blitz DSBC
Blitz SBC-iD
Greddy Profec-A
Greddy Profec-B

I look forward to reading your opinions

Regards

Alex H

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Blitz DSBC <-------i have this one
Blitz SBC-iD

4settings
limiter
boost meter
peak hold
scramble
easy to install

next profect b and hks evc
cheaper basic and easy to install

profect a
do not use in supras due to fuzzy logic!!!!

·
0 Posts
if you are looking for simple and affordable then I like the profec B. That is what I got. It is easy to install. YOu get 2 presets, including off (which i guess makes 3 presets).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hallman Manual Boost Controller. Runs around $80 to $90 from Buschar Racing. In my opinion best bang for the buck :)

S

·
0 Posts
To my knowledge the HKS EZ is the simplest, cheapest, and most cost effective boost controller. It's super easy to use cause it's one knob and a power button, and it can control boost up to more than 30psi with no problems for if and when you get a bigger single turbo. I have heard of many issues with other controllers at high boost settings especially the Profec B.

What features do you want?

·
10,459 Posts
when going single many guys i know complain about the profect b and suggested the blitzz units thats why i got mine versatility!

great options easy to use and easy to install non ofthe others seem to match it for functions and verstility!

·
10,459 Posts
when going single many guys i know complain about the profect b and suggested the blitzz units thats why i got mine versatility!

great options easy to use and easy to install non ofthe others seem to match it for functions and verstility!

Blitz DSBC - Dual Solenoid Boost Controller,
This controller features twin solenoid design for better response and increased boost pressure, a boost meter to display pressure, a peak hold function, a boost limiter with audible warning, four programmable channels to set boost, and the capability of holding boost pressure at 2.5 kg/cm.

Blitz SBC I-D Boost Controller
Blitz' newest EBC! • 4 boost settings, scramble boost, warning and limiter, peak hold and digital boost display.• SBC i-D can work in conjunction with Power Meter i-D via infrared connection. • Able to choose boost measurements (PSI, BAR, Kg/cm2, and KPA).• Sequential Dual Solenoid design for better boost response; boost display in both digital bar and graph

Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
The original low cost solution for most turbo systems. A no frills, super accurate, GReddy quality boost controller. It is super easy to install & tune. It has 3 knobs. 1 for Low boost (i.e. every-day driving), 1 knbo for High boost (i.e. racing or race gas), and a 3rd knob to control "overboosting" or spiking.

HKS EVC EZ Boost Controller
Boost controller ideal for sequential turbos (i.e. Supra TT). This unit does not have fuzzy logic and does not attempt to learn your turbo(s). It has the quickest reacting solenoid controller & works great even on single turbos as it can control up to 35 PSI!!

HKS EVC IV (Electronic Valve Controller) Boost Controller
Offers preset boost pressure at the touch of a button while allowing return to factory boost level by turning it off. Aided by fuzzy logic, the EVC also possesses the ability to learn the vehicles boost pressure curve. This learning feature allows a maximum reduction in turbo lag without overboosting. Adjustable up to 2.0 kg/cm2

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

Thanks for your insight....

I'm really tempted to go the whole hog and get the iD Blitz unit....and probably that power meter thingy too!

I'm not looking for cheapness I just don't want to "waste" money...

Ranger I think you've convinced me....I was always thinking the blitz units were best FOR ME now I can spend my cold hard cash with a bit more piece of mind!

Many thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts