Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Supratruck Pilot
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have mounted my intercooler and it didn't fit as well as I would have liked. As you can see, It sticks below the bumper a couple of inches and the piping shows. This is probably only temporary as I will be building an air/water intercooler in the next few months. Question is, does it look tacky showing below the bumper? Sometimes I look at it and like it and other times I don't. What are your opinions, good or bad, or somewhere in between?

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
well depends,,,doesnt seem like you drive that thing around the streets,,,and if it's just for a couple months then it's fine,,,but in my opinion just looking at it,,,it does look a lil off,,,the side view doesnt seem too bad, but looking at it head on, it looks kinda weird

just my 2 cent

·
Registered
697 Posts
The "look" doesn't really bother me one way or the other. Too bad a third of the fins are covered up by that bumper though.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
If I saw it, I would be like WTF is his FMIC hanging like that, but I'd go straight to WTF does he have in there that needs it? lol

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
What about a little customizing and cutting out the cross section that is blocking your intercooler? Where are all the photo shop geeks?

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Wow, that's a tight fit! The engine I mean! :D Nice work fitting that in. It looks so clean and less complicated inside your truck's engine bay, as compared to a Supra engine bay. It's as if a lot of the vacuum lines and wiring harnesses have been eliminated.

Your intercooler doesn't look to out of place, but I agree, you've got a lot of it covered and that can't be making full use of the core. I would either cut the front bumper to allow more flow, or relocate the intercooler behind the grill, in front of the radiator. In fact, loose the front grill horizontal pieces all together, if need be, to fit your IC in place and then fasten the Toyota emblem to the intercooler itself. That'd be cool! :D

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
From one Tacoma owner to another 4X4 valance and bumper should do the trick. I dont know much about your body style, but the 95-96 bumper and valance sat alot lower.

Jason

·
T-Power
1,627 Posts
still looks weird that way.

I would do this

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
:O what's under the hood ???
He's posted before and shown us the S/T 2JZGTE. Search his posts. Looks fine if its a track truck. On the streets, it looks a lil off. Dont go with the smaller intercooler like the ones suggested above. Get that air/water intercooler. That'll solve all ur probs. :)

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
An air water is fine for the track only but for the street, that water will heat up quick. Al used to have dump ice in his to keep it running hard because of this in his 538rwhp Mr 2. For the street, it's the frontal area of the air / air intercoller that counts, and not so much the depth when you deal with a smaller turbo like the 67. That intercoler mentioned about will fit in the stock Toyota pickup trucks cutout perfectly, will do the job like a champ, and will look like it belongs there.

Eric

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
DLC, functionality over form bro.
That being said, i would not worry about it if your going with an A/W ic setup. I gotta say ditch the idea mentioned about going with a smaller IC to make it "look pretty"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts