Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a wideband for setting up a few engines im going to be running with a haltech and a megasquirt ems.

I'm not sure if the aem uego offers a lot in teh way of logging or not. I though about the plx r-500, which costs an arm and a leg, but does have a lot of nice features. Then again, with the haltech, e11v2, I can basically monitor everything that the r-500 can, knock egt o2, etc..

Anyone know how well a aem uego will interface with the haltech input for logging? I want wideband output to the ecu.


Another thing, how long is probe life on most of these units, and whats it cost to replace?
 

·
wastegate hose is pulled
Joined
·
4,586 Posts
The AEM wideband is a good unit but has next to no datalogging capability. It has 0-1v and 0-5v linear outputs that can be fed to your standalone.

The wideband sensor is an OEM part and designed with a life expectancy of 60,000 miles or more. That may be sigificantly shortened if you use leaded fuel at all. They are relatively inexpensive to replace, $65 seems to be the current going rate.

Oh yeah, some people are put off by the fact that the guage does not have a backlight for nighttime viewing. I personally think it doesn't matter much.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
The AEM wideband is a good unit but has next to no datalogging capability. It has 0-1v and 0-5v linear outputs that can be fed to your standalone.

The wideband sensor is an OEM part and designed with a life expectancy of 60,000 miles or more. That may be sigificantly shortened if you use leaded fuel at all. They are relatively inexpensive to replace, $65 seems to be the current going rate.

Oh yeah, some people are put off by the fact that the guage does not have a backlight for nighttime viewing. I personally think it doesn't matter much.
? I must have a different AEM wideband. My UEGO has a back light. Digital display. I really liked the gauge alot and I do recommend it. I'm selling mine, but it's sold..I'd buy it again if I was planning on going back into the car game...



na-t Dave
 

·
Escaped from infinite lag
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
I have one and its very easy to install and looks nice as well. It gives you exactly what you need without all the added junk that most people wont use. there is an output for a serial line to a hyper terminal for your laptop if you set it up.
 

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
i LOVE mine, it was the best money ive ever spent on my supra. Its totally worth the price to know that your AFR is good and takes some of the guilt out of hauling ass.

~scott
 

·
Always playing catch up
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
what about zt-2? it'll be the one ill be getting link

you can add stuff on, like EGT, boost, and a screen. and datalogs.

<l><l>
 

·
wastegate hose is pulled
Joined
·
4,586 Posts
86SUPRA7mgte said:
? I must have a different AEM wideband. My UEGO has a back light. Digital display. I really liked the gauge alot and I do recommend it. I'm selling mine, but it's sold..I'd buy it again if I was planning on going back into the car game...



na-t Dave
You must have something other than an AEM wideband. None of them are backlit. The LEDs light up, naturally, but no backlight at all for the printed portion of the guage face. It is really a minor thing, just seen a few people who were upset with it so I figured I'd mention it.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahmedootie said:
holy shit thats a 1j in a starion...that shits hot!

(absoloutley nothing 2 do with this post but bad ass sig :))
Thanks, its been a ton of awork, and I still have a lot of misc junk to buy.

btw, picked up an aem uego today. Seems alright, but the price jump from their old wideband and the new 6-1 gauge is prettypathetic considering its around 80 bucks for some gauge faces.... the old one was around 194, I paid 274 for the 6 in 1.

From the looks of it, I dont really need any logging other than what halwin can do on the e11v2. So I guess logging wasnt really somethign I needed. I can see it if I was using a piggy back or something.
 

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
Joined
·
12,222 Posts
FJO has a real good display. ZT2 has wicked datalogging but I dont like the display all that much... to slow to react.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
I've had the AEM wideband, FJO and PLX wideband. I hated the AEM...it didn't even read into the 10s....so if I was running rich under boost...at a quick glance under wot I wouldn't know if I was too rich or too lean. I'm running the PLX now and data logging it with the map ecu on the laptop....works awesome.
 

·
Always playing catch up
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
I've had the AEM wideband, FJO and PLX wideband. I hated the AEM...it didn't even read into the 10s....so if I was running rich under boost...at a quick glance under wot I wouldn't know if I was too rich or too lean. I'm running the PLX now and data logging it with the map ecu on the laptop....works awesome.
the plx-500? 300? 200? which one do you have? (hope im remembering the right brand)

<l><l>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
I've had the AEM wideband, FJO and PLX wideband. I hated the AEM...it didn't even read into the 10s....so if I was running rich under boost...at a quick glance under wot I wouldn't know if I was too rich or too lean. I'm running the PLX now and data logging it with the map ecu on the laptop....works awesome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats odd. My AEM Uego reads to 10.0(at least to 10.1 that I have seen).
I had another forum member tell me the same thing. Maybe there was an
update that changed the range?
Wayne
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
snake eyes said:
the plx-500? 300? 200? which one do you have? (hope im remembering the right brand)

<l><l>

I'm running the 300.

Wayne,

Yeah, hopefully they did change it. I bought it when it first came out.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top