Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking about painting my calipers when it gets warmer in a couple weeks.The car is diamond white pearl and has 18inch chrome wheels.What do you guys recommend? red? also if anyone has painted them how do you keep the supra lettering white... just tape over it or ? any helpful info would be great...

·
Eddy Haines
526 Posts
Red sounds cool man. To keep the lettering I'd prolly take some tracing paper, and trace the word supra on your calipers. Then put the paper over some painters tape, and retrace it to get the impression outline on the tape. Then take a razor blade and cut it out. Put the letters on the calipers and paint away.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
buy stencils or stickers ,either stick the stickers on after paint or lay stencils over,paint in the cut out area and peel the stencil,clearcoating helps to keep everything smooth

Stefan

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
IMO red looks the best, on almost any color car. I used the brush on paint from any auto store (lots of coats) and it looks like glass. As the others stated, just buy decals.

·
Registered
915 Posts
kandy red would look even better. On my supra I went with black calipers with chrome supra lettering. On my S14 which is java black I am going with kandy red

·
Registered
26 Posts
You should send them to us and we'll powdercoat them whatever color you like and rebuild them at the same time :)

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I personally wouldn't do red unless the car was red too. I feel it stands out too much, I wouldn't want people's attention to be drawn to my stock brakes when the car pulls up.

If you had a front and rear BBK, then it would be a different story.
Just my opinion.

·
Ninja
1,826 Posts
I personally wouldn't do red unless the car was red too. I feel it stands out too much, I wouldn't want people's attention to be drawn to my stock brakes when the car pulls up.

If you had a front and rear BBK, then it would be a different story.
Just my opinion.
lol, my friend pulled up next to me tonight and said the red on my stock tt brakes look super small behind my black 19s.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
red calipers on red car is too much,might as well do red leather and carpet and don't forget red tint,

black or gunmetal works best on any color car,and painting stock calipers a bright color don't look good IMO,especially when you have a wheel the has alot of open areas exposing puny rear calipers ,you could pull it off with BBK,but not stock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts