Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this subject has been discussed here before but I am trying to get a few more opinions before I buy. I am deciding between Tanabe, Eibach and Apexi lowering springs. I've heard that the Tanabe perform as well as the Eibachs but ride better (the Eibachs definitely ride rough). A friend of mine has the Apexi springs and they made a big improvement in his car.

I want to lower my car (daily driver) by about 1.0" and improve handling without making the ride unbearable.

So what kind of springs do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
313 Posts
My buddy has some Eibach on his 97...with some 18'' wheels and they ride smooth. just as good as stock. so i really recommed it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
BLITZSUPRA if you are going to get lower springs go for it. But in about a 6 to 12 months you will need new shocks cause the lowered springs will cause the stock shocks to fail quicker. So why not save the hassle and money and do all at one time.

Check out this tread http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7082

I just ordered myself Eibach prokit springs 1.3 drop in the front and 1.0 drop in the back. Tanabe & Intrax are 1.5 I think. Apexi don't know. Eibach seem to be liked by many.

From coximport.com. They were extrememly cheap got them shipped for $240 and also got KYB/AGX adj. shocks for $370 shipped. Not bad for this price.

Installation will probably run $200-$250 and $60 for alignment which is absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
147 Posts
my vote would have to go to tanabe... the super H'S are a 1" drop and the super downs are 2". I know that tananbe is coming out with new springs in a couple of months. one of them is called grip feeling and i don't remember what the other was called. I have a set ordered for my supra with the tananbe shocks...

wez

C

·
0 Posts
Blitzsupra, I have the same technospeed rims on my ride and its dropped with Eibach springs (but I do not have the strut bars). In fact, it was the first thing I did to my car. The ride is smooth but there is more rebound as one might expect (but not pogo-stick rebound). There is a night and day difference with body roll, which I like the most about them. Here is pick of what your car would look like (if it was not red):

http://209.61.180.140/txmkiv/cover.jpg

Chappy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Blitz, I definitely would go with the Eibach's, have them on my car as you know, and once I get my Koni's installed on my dawg, then all will be good. It is true that you need to replace your oem shocks after about a year of driving with the new springs.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
I had the Eibachs and although the car handled nicely, the ride height varied from one side of the car to the other. I trashed the Eibachs and now have the Tanabe Springs. I love 'em. Same handling, better ride IMO...

P

·
0 Posts
All this talk of lowering, i was wondering, i have left my car at stock highth with my HKS Hiper Coil-overs, anyone had any ground clearance problems with a 1.?-2 inch drop, there are lots of uneven spots and hills and steep curbs here in utah so I was warned not to lower my car, what should I do?

P

·
0 Posts
815 HP to the wheels off the bottle, about 915 to the wheels on it. I get low 10's in the 1/4 , but what I am most proud of is the 1.21 G's on the skid pad, but i don't leave the coil-overs that stiff normally, but I do daily drive it, and daily I kick some serious ass! Gonna go out to the Salt Flats sometime soon and find out what my top speed is. expecting well into the 220's maybe even more.
and no pics as of yet, but I will have some soon.

J

·
0 Posts
I absolutely love my Eibachs. Ride feels the exact same as my friends stock suspension.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I must disagree with most people in here.
I hate Eibachs. The ride height sucks, the handling sucks, and it's too soft of a ride.
Get my flow?

Tanabe's are alright...go for APEX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts