Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys/gals,

I need your opinion, i want to rebuild my motor. Thats the jist of it. My questions are 1. would it be better and obviously cheaper if i built it or should i go with a rebuilt jarco unit. 2. If i did rebuild it myself any supra guys willing to help in the NJ area, the sucky part is i have little to no tools for measuring all the important stuff and i don't have any torque wrenches. I'm looking for pretty much a stock block with a MHG and maybe some aftermarket pistons *maybe*. I want to push any where in between 400 to 550. Anything higher will be after i complete this mile stone first. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you do rings, bearings, all new seals, mhg, and all ARP bolts/studs then i'd say your close to if not over $500 in just those parts alone. Then add on machining costs for the head and block.

I paid around $300 just to get my head milled, cleaned, and all new seals put in. Not to mention the HG set from Toyota was $250ish (i just wanted the toyota set rather then the generic felpro set) about a $70 more then the felpro HG set. Not to mention ARP studs $100 and Cometic 1.3mm $125 through Paradise Racing.

It's all about how much you wanna spend my friend...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts