Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
edit: Ah link works...

I really like the design of the typhoons, nice and classy. I would go with the 35 mm offset to give a little nicer lip on them. It should fit, someone who knows better should chime in here.

The fr01 or whatever RPO1 look alikes they are are nice too. Light and have good colors available, but I think the typhoons look much better...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dominic said:
What do you guys think of these rims? The main reason I like them is because they come in 17x9. Would these fit all the way around with 275-40-17. And what offset would be correct at all 4 corners. I would like to keep everything equal.

http://www.americastire.com/dtc/findWheelDetail.do?step=details&source=brand&index=9&productCodeIndex=67403
Thanks,
Dominic
Dominic,

I'm not sure how low your car is but I'm pretty sure the 275-40-17 tires will rub up front even with the right offset. If I remember correctly, Mike U ran rims as wide as 9.5 up front and the widest tire he had on 'em was 235's. Remember the Blitz rims I had before, it was 17x9 up front w/either a +37 or +38 offset. When I was buying tires for the front the shop told me the widest I can go was 245 and the shop told me that it might rub when you make the u-turns. That's when I had the Eibachs on my car. HTH.

Ronnie

·
Registered
468 Posts
ahh

holy crap! #1supraholic i love your car! thats like exactly what mines gonna look like, im gonna have the centers of my rims done in black, leving the crome lip, and get the bomex kit, my cars pearl white too. VERY nice car :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Dom,

in all honesty i think neither of those rims would look good on your car or any mk3...reason being i myself was considering the typhoon at one point, til i saw it in real life. It looks very very small for some reason even though i saw 17" rims. And the other one fno1s just dont seem to look right either, more suited on a smaller car. If you must get some 5 zigens, maybe look into the black racing pro n1s that they sell, also come in 17x9 and i think $220 each.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about these? 18x8.5

Are these better than the previous ones I posted?

Thanks,
Dominic

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
I really like the FN01R. in bronze will be the best!:)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dominic said:
What about these? 18x8.5

Are these better than the previous ones I posted?

Thanks,
Dominic
wow those look pretty darn good Dom...classic 5 spoke, nice lip, and of course the little shiny rivets :bigthumb: what would make those look even better...if u could get replacement center caps that had i dunno...trd or heck even the toyota logo :D

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yea those last ones look GOOD!

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
Yeah Dom, I like the last ones (ACE), they would look awesome on your red car. I run 255/45/17's up front on an 8" wheel with no rubbing at all. Mine are 35mm offset on the 8" wheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts