Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
twitter.com/PTeezy_
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im an audio newbie but im tired of the oem setup and tired of not being to play a single burned cd. haha

after reading plenty of info i purchased a great budget setup for under $900 thanks to crutchfield!

hu: alpine cda-117 single din cd player with ipod controller

front speakers: polk audio dxi6500 6.5 component speakers

amp: boston acoustic gt-275 75w x 2

dynamat xtreme door kit

i dont want subs and also im deleting the rear speakers as well cause there wont be anyone in the back seat.

pictures will be up tomorrow when the ups drops off the goodies!

anything im missing out?

i already the wiring harness and single din kit and also a amplifier wiring kit as well.

any suggestions will be great!

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
that looks like a really good start man.

i wouldnt hesitate to install that stuff in my car, except i would probably put in some 6x9's in the rear and definitely definitely some subs.
but i listen to alot of hip hop so i cant live without bass.

i have 6" rounds in my doors 1.5" tweets in dash, crossover
6x9's in rear two 12" subs in sealed box. 1 amp for the subs.

i suspect yours will sound very similar to mine and if it does then 6x9s in the rear will not sound much BETTER but it will improve the midrange bass slightly and thicken up the overall sound a bit. and subs will really fill out the sound spectrum.

i let my 6x9s do some work and tune my subs to respond somewhere below 100Hz.

my subwoofer setup is a bit extreme for an mkiv supra (750 watt rms sub amp with no other amps = insane bass) but i just turned it down and it sounds amazing. really good oem acoustic properties in an mkiv.

and at the end of the day i just roll down my windows and listen to the exhaust anyway so it doesnt even matter to me.
but once in a while i listen to music and i love how my setup sounds at high volume.

hope that was some kind of answer you were looking for.

i fairly certain yours is going to sound really good, and i definitely wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Adam

Did you use a custom bracket to fit the 6x9 in the rear? If so any pics of the set up?

·
twitter.com/PTeezy_
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody knows how to get access to the tweeters up the dash compartment? i thought this was gonna be easier but its harder than i thought!

·
twitter.com/PTeezy_
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finally got the audio stuff in and installed and it sounds great, super clear and loud!

now i need some bass BUT not crazy bass . im 24 years old NOT 12.

do you think i need a set of rear speakers to get some bass? just get some 6x8's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts