Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T78 setup and I was interested in everyone's opinion on which clutch to go with.

RPS Stage 3
or
HKS Twin Plate
or
Another

Let me know your thoughts and experiences with either of those clutches.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would say go with an AUTOMATIC, hehe. I'll be on my 6th clutch I believe and have yet to find one that worked how it was supposed to. Maybe it's just my cursed car. Watch out for the rps sprung 6-puck disc (mine broke) and the AZ disc (wore out in a week). The disc may or may not be at fault, not sure at this point. RPS pressure plates seem great to me so far. Eventhough i haven't used one, I would probably recommend getting anything TRD just so they'll cover it if something goes wrong!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stage 3 rps, I have the mueller lw flywheel and the sprung hub stage 3.....works wondefully!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the OSgiken Twin

I have OSGiken Twin disk installed on my car. I personally love the grip and the streetability. Somepeople will tell you that it's not streetable but I HAVE the damn thing and I have no problems with it If you dont' mind the car ratteling like a tractor on idle then go for twin. (lightened flywheel i heard also rattles).

Just remember this though. If you are gonna stay with a stock dualmass flywheel then go for a solid disk. If you are gonna go for lightened flywheel then find a spung hud disk.

I don't know how good TRD twin disk is but OSG is about $500 mor expensive then TRD.

Insang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts