Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am thinking of buying this car, Now i will have to fly down to get it and i have someone who can check it out first, What do you guys think?

Being sold by the original owner, with 109k miles, this vehicle is in very good condition, it has never been modified, raced. abused, or been in an accident, original pearl white paint with no dents or scratches, very nice blue cloth interior.
Recent Maintenance & Repairs - major tune-up, new clutch, 4 new tires, front end alignment, power steering system overhauled, new battery, alternator, 2 new catalytic converters just installed. Total cost of approximately $5000.
Downside - even with new catalytic converters car does not pass emissions test, Even though it is functioning well the turbo is leaking oil back into the engine causing rich emissions, a common condition with these vehicles, cost to fix is about $500, less if you can do it yourself. This vehicle runs excellent and is becoming a collectible classic, though it looks like a much newer vehicle. $3000 cash price reflects work needed to pass emissions test.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
If it's true, not beat up, not abused, you have yourself a nice one then. I'd say go for it, but get proof of everything first. Also get the vin number, and run it through here to make sure of no accidents. Good luck.

http://vin.calgaryfinder.com/

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been talking to the owner he is retired and bought it brand new, Also has a miata that i gather he drives alot more. Said since he is on a fixed income now he just cant afford to keep both cars, I would get rid of the miata myself lol

· Registered
6,774 Posts
I am not worried about the emissions, I just hope the car will be fine for the 1400 mile drive home.
Ohk my bad I thought was a concern of yours. Yeah it should be fine if in such good condition. Just on the way home pick up a bottle of oil (maybe even change it) and a bottle of coolant. Jumper cables, duct tape and a small tool set are always nice too. Make sure it has all the jack equipment and the spare has air.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.