Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well iv been following this car since its debut at the auto show almost 3 years ago as a concept car. i really really like it. There have been a few exterior changes that kinda of took away. But 170hp, light as hell sports car convertible rwd five speed, at 19k sounds really good. The only problem i see with it, is that alot of people are gonna buy em. I really want one but know if i should buy something thats gonna turn into the mustang..... Any thoughts welcome.

Matt

·
Registered
183 Posts
The only figure I've read is "less than $25k" so it seems to be a little more money. However, I think the exterior styling and the interior are superior, and it will more powerful as well (from what I've read anyway).

·
Registered
648 Posts
the solstice will not be "light as hell". expect 2700 lbs.

the miata is 2480 base model, and up to 2540 i belive for a grand touring package.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Why did GM watn the miata crowd again?? I heard its already sold out on preorders.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the right right direction for GM to move in but they still have a long long way before I gain all of ym respect back for them that I've lost in the last 3 years.

James

·
Registered
44 Posts
cds01 said:
the solstice will not be "light as hell". expect 2700 lbs.

the miata is 2480 base model, and up to 2540 i belive for a grand touring package.
The new Miatas aren't going to be that light anymore. Expect similar or maybe slightly less weight than the solstice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the sturn version looks awsome i saw it at the LA auto show. besat part of the whole show in my opinion

·
Registered
648 Posts
DemonSpeeding said:
The new Miatas aren't going to be that light anymore. Expect similar or maybe slightly less weight than the solstice.

incorrect, there is only a 40 pound gain over the gen2 miata in the base gen3 miata. that is according to road and track. also, there are spec sheets online. i can hunt one down if you'd like.

:bigthumb:

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
Anyone got any pics of the Solstice? I have seen them before but i am just wondering about the "new" body styles and well, i am incredibly lazy ;-)

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
I think I hate it? The grill just ruins the entire car... So do the pontiac emblems.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
this is obviously a topic built for me, however I am not goignt o give my opinion until I can really give it a throough once over and drive it. I have a feeling it is goign to let me down, but i dont want it too until I give it a chance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It looks as if another manufacturer "watered down" the concept and now I don't give a shit about the real car anymore...

Before:

After:

The changes are subtle, yet substantial. But if they're hardly changing anything then why change anything at all?

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,523 Posts
The Saturn looks agressive, while the Pontiac looks smooth and curvy. I like the Pontiacs lines better, but the grill is "killin' me". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought GM was going to have a turboed variant a little after this was released bumping it to over 200hp? Anyone else read this a while back?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I agree with what chevydude said...like the lines of the Solstice better, but I like the aggresive front end of the Sky. Obviously they can't go together...but I wish they could comprimise and use the best of both worlds somehow...

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im sure aftermarket will be availible? lip kits, grills, turbos, w/e it will happen in time

Matt

1 - 20 of 42 Posts