Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which color do you guys use. I know that the orange top has the correct terminal arrangement. If you have the yellow top do you have to change out the battery cable or is it long enough to cross them. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've got the orange top. The plastic spacer for it really sucks so I used some 5/8 board as a spacer. I originally had two pieces under the battery but my terminals hit the hood liner. I ended up with one 5/8 piece under the battery and a strip between the top of the battery and the hold down. Now everything is perfect. Just water proof the board if you go that route. Several layers of paint works good. The pic on my web site shows the battery when I had the two pieces under it.

I didn't see much play in the battery cables. I'd get the orange if you don't mind the color. It's definately orange!

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the yellow one, you have to cross them. The cables are long enough to do so..

leonard

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased a couple of amp for my stereo system:

PPI PCX 480 ...4x80 @12 v @4ohm, 4X160 @12v @ 2 ohm
PPI PCX 1250 1X250 @12v @4ohm, 1x 500 @12v @ at 2ohm.

Do you think I need a deep cycle (Yellow top) battery. I do not play the stereo much with the engine off. Also, I am not big into SPL, only SQ.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The deep cycle is good if you run the battery down a lot. It will recover better. If you aren't going to be running the stereo with the car off, then get a starting battery. I think the optima site talks about this. I'd get the orange.

·
4,417 Posts
I have the yellow top... No problems with the cables. But the factory tie downs won't fit.. so get creative in securing it.

S

·
0 Posts
I couldn't find the correct optima (orange top) local so Jeff just sold me a stock replacement. <$40 and it fits perfect. And its black! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts