Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Turbos and Tattoos FTW
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a red top optima battery on there supra. I cant find one on there websites specificly for my car. IF you do what apart number is it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep I just picked one up the other day at Costco $99 good price ....the supra's starter spins faster then I have ever heard it before. Don't know about # though. Although I did have to install it such a way as to have the negitive on the left side and the positive terminal on the right side... wires just barely fit.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Its a battery for godsakes, might have to stretch the cables a little but its not like trying to put a lincoln alt on, it will work as long as you have a neg and positive post and is strong enough to get the car started.
While were on the subject, tirerack didnt have any 18" tires that are specificly for a supra, anyone can help? please....

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
I paid @ $109 or so for mine. Well worth the money if you let your car sit for weeks/months at a time. Nothing worst than going to start the car up... only to find a dead battery. If you daily drive your car then it's not needed. The battery weighs 35lbs...

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,113 Posts
Tirerack won’t detail any tires specific to the Supra in 18’s due to the fact that 16 & 17’s were the only size available from the factory. They have almost anything you want, but you’ll have to detail the size that you want in the search box and numerous types will be available at that point.

David

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
BamaDave said:
Tirerack won’t detail any tires specific to the Supra in 18’s due to the fact that 16 & 17’s were the only size available from the factory. They have almost anything you want, but you’ll have to detail the size that you want in the search box and numerous types will be available at that point.

David
I think he was just being a smart ass cuz the guy asked if there was a battery for a supra, so hes asking if theres tires for a supra. Or thats the assumption im making from the other posts hes made.

G

·
pane2k said:
I think he was just being a smart ass cuz the guy asked if there was a battery for a supra, so hes asking if theres tires for a supra. Or thats the assumption im making from the other posts hes made.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Why not buy the one with the reverse terminals? But I'll never but another overpriced pos optima. Mine lasted about three months.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
supra400hptt said:
Why not buy the one with the reverse terminals? But I'll never but another overpriced pos optima. Mine lasted about three months.
they should have replaced it for free :dunno:

mine came in the car, and i have owned for 2 years now. It has been a good battery so far

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
pane2k said:
:bigthumb:

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
supra400hptt said:
That's how long a blue one lasted on my Celica. I went to P.R. on vacation, my battery was dead...I bought an Optima Blue, left P.R. and 3 months later my dad called me saying: "Your new battery just shat itself. Out of nowhere it died. Won't take a charge...bye bye to your $120." :dunno:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just did the strongest Optima.. The yellow top.. no prob.. just reverse the wires.

PS barretire has the sizes you need at a great price.. but discount-tire will not match*

*they will but once they add in the warrenty, labor and mounting.. normally that will make their tire price a better deal than any e-store... but my Nitto drags was such a good deal that I bought the rears from barretire and the fronts from discount(with the stipulation that discount mount my rears free :))

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I have the red top battery on my Supra. I just put new longer cables on the car and everything worked out fine.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I might want to pick up an optima red top also, from what i am reading extending the battery terminals are not necessary?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The size Optima recommends is the 34R, part number is 8003-151. You need the $7 spacer that snaps underneath to fit is perfectly with the stock battery hold down. The terminals are on the correct size and fits perfect. Problem is mine died after 19 months of usage. They dont like sitting around for 2 or 3 weeks at a time without being driven. I suggest getting a battery tender for those types of people (like myself).

Brian

·
Registered
570 Posts
I once had an optima red top.. drove down the road one day, went to a gas station and saw white steam comming from my hood.. i opened it and the top of the optima lifted up and was bubbling steaming acid all over my nice pretty white engine bay and the underneath of the hood.. I tried to wipe it all up, next morning all the paint was ate off of my engine bay.. this was the night before I was leaving to go to a car show, i was tuning my aem ems for daily driving and this happend. Caused my much work and greif.. thumbs down to optima.. yeah they look nice, but they also eat the paint right off your engine bay when they EXPLODE! Please dont risk this as it is not worth the price of a pretty battery. I went with a NAPA select since and it has been perfect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts