Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've gotten used to not listening to music in the car, but now wouldn't mind some tunes for my weekend cruises (few and far between unfortunately).

Any recommendations? I've narrowed it down to Pioneer, but not sure what to do get to have Sat Radio/SIRIUS, Navigation, and apps as well that can be used for IAT monitoring etc. on the screen.

I am guessing the size would be the Pioneer 7.1'' screens?

Looking for recommendations, experiences - please post any pictures you may have as well. Thank you for the help.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,180 Posts
Sony XAV-AX200SXM has everything you're looking for, and looks fantastic in a Supra.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sony XAV-AX200SXM has everything you're looking for, and looks fantastic in a Supra.
Thank you, it does look great - subtle and quiet without much going on - I don't like too many shines and what not from the headunit, that looks perfect as long as it can do those items above.

Thanks again, will look into this one.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,180 Posts
I like this a lot. Does it have apple car play?
Yes, Apple CarPlay compatible. Also:
  • Apple CarPlay compatible
  • Android Auto compatible
  • iPhone control
  • playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
  • Siri Hands Free compatible with compatible iPhones
  • Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
And:
  • works with iDatalink Maestro module
  • retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
  • displays engine performance data on touchscreen
The current model is the Sony XAV-AX210SXM:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV210/Sony-XAV-AX210SXM.html

Does the screen move at all?
Move? What do you mean? I think the answer is "no", the screen doesn't move. It doesn't tilt up/down or anything. It's the perfect angle in the Supra dash.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,180 Posts
There's also the Sony XAV-AX1000 with no optical disc player and no Android Auto, but still has Apple Car Play and SXM compatible (I have a compatible tuner module for sale if you want one):

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV1000/Sony-XAV-AX1000.html

And Sony also has the Sony XAV-AX5000, with no optical disc player and no volume knob, but a larger display. It has Android Auto and Apple Car Play and is SXM compatible (I have a compatible tuner module for sale if you want one):

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XAV5000/Sony-XAV-AX5000.html

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,180 Posts
Thank you, it does look great - subtle and quiet without much going on - I don't like too many shines and what not from the headunit
That's exactly why I like it in the Supra...matte black finish that goes with the Supra dash perfectly. The entire Sony XAV line is like this.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thank you for that information. This will be my next radio! I can’t stand the head units that tilt.

·
iSPOOL
1,020 Posts
This is great info to have! I will be buying them for ours. Is there a way to have the antenna activate when the radio is on? Mine was disconnected years ago but I would love to have it work again.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This is great info to have! I will be buying them for ours. Is there a way to have the antenna activate when the radio is on? Mine was disconnected years ago but I would love to have it work again.
I’d like to know as well. I put my antenna on a switch so I can have it down when not using fm. My current pioneer will raise the antenna whether your using fm or Bluetooth witch was annoying

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Also do you have a back up camera? If so what wire did you use to trigger from the car. My car is a 6 speed

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,180 Posts
Is there a way to have the antenna activate when the radio is on? Mine was disconnected years ago but I would love to have it work again.
Yes...the blue wire is the remote-turn-on lead. Using the Metra wiring harness (free from Crutchfield with stereo purchase) it will activate the power antenna correctly.

I’d like to know as well. I put my antenna on a switch so I can have it down when not using fm. My current pioneer will raise the antenna whether your using fm or Bluetooth witch was annoying
Most car stereos (these Sonys included) have only a single (blue wire) remote-turn-on lead. So the antenna is up any time the stereo is powered on. I agree it's annoying. I had a Sony MiniDisc player before, and it was the only stereo I've ever seen that had a separate power antenna lead, so it was up only when listing to FM radio. It seems like a simple feature that would make a lot of people happy.

Also do you have a back up camera? If so what wire did you use to trigger from the car. My car is a 6 speed
Yes. The backup camera I got came with a video RCA cable (yellow end) that has an integrated pigtail wire that you plug into a tap into the reverse lights in the back. On the other end of the cable is another integrated pigtail, that you wire to the stereo's backup-camera-activate wire.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,180 Posts
If anyone wants a compatible SiriusXM tuner module for one of these Sony units, I have a brand new unsused one for sale.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car going in tomorrow to the audio shop. Decided to do a Pioneer unit (all touch type, no knobs). Also doing a mini amp/sub combo, small compact and effective.

Finally, also doing a rear camera (on 6spd). It will be mounted above the license plate frame, no crazy drilling or anything.

Will post pics once complete tomorrow evening,,, stay tuned.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car going in tomorrow to the audio shop. Decided to do a Pioneer unit (all touch type, no knobs). Also doing a mini amp/sub combo, small compact and effective.

Finally, also doing a rear camera (on 6spd). It will be mounted above the license plate frame, no crazy drilling or anything.

Very happy with the results, goes perfectly with the Supra interior. Pioneer unit, all touch.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts