Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· "Yeah! Take the lemons.."
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my cams have been sittin for a couple days and I didn't cover them properly so they have a little rust on them. I tried pb blaster on a rag and muscling it but no luck.

Wondering on the conditions what my best option is.

· Registered
795 Posts
Your best/cheapest option would be go to a machine shop and get a polishing belt used for crankshaft polishing. Spray a little wd40 on the crank and attempt to polish it out with a piece of the belt. If there is ANY black spots or pitting throw the cams out and get a new set or it will tear itself apart.

· "Yeah! Take the lemons.."
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Awesome Ill try that today. My friend was saying my cams are in the worst condition he's ever seen but he's a really mean guy and hasn't seen much of anything just likes to pretend he does..

Imho I don't see how they are that bad other than the minor rust(he said this before the rust had got to it).

Edit,

Crap!! I just realized I forgot to put seal packing in the 2 spots on the block after torqing it down with a cometic gasket and arp studs to 80ft lbs.!!! Should I go back and apply it or will it be ok?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.