Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· How does my exhaust smell
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to hear any experiences you guys have had with DMV Hearing officers for negligent operator license suspension due to points. According to one attorney, some are super dicks, and others are cool.

Got my Order of Probation and Suspension today from the DMV. I have 5 points from 05/2008 until 12/2008 all on my motorcycle which I ride about 3,000 miles a month.

1 point for speeding ( > 65mph ) - paid fine
1 point for speeding ( > 65mph ) - contested and lost
1 point for at fault accident - stupid driver merged in front of me slowly.
1 point for at fault accident - stupid soccer mom nailed brakes cuz she missed turn - me rear ended the car that rear ended her.
1 point for following to closely on above accident - contested and lost

Nothing in the past 6 months. Still ride about the same amount.

They want to suspend for 6 months with probation for 12 months. Prior to May 2008, I had a relatively clean record (about 1 ticket every 24-30 months). No prior suspensions, no DUIs, no 2 point offenses.

Spoke with a couple attorneys, and they want about $2,000 to conference in on the call with the DMV Hearing dude. For that I'll take my chances and ride metro for the 6 months if I lose.

Any assistance welcome..

798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
stop driving recklessly. Take your penalty and obey the law. Hopefully u'll learn ur lesson.
Thanks Dad.. I was wondering where you went when Mom put you out of the house. I appreciate all the years of you not being there for me as I was growing up, and I am so happy that you decided that today was the day for you to speak up and put your two fucking cents in. Now if you would kindly please open this can of STFU :squintfin ..troll..

· 91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,977 Posts
too much point in a short period of time. They send the letter to you base on that. My younger brother had a lot of points in a short period of time, and they didn't go easy on him. His license was suspended twice

· Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Dad.. I was wondering where you went when Mom put you out of the house. I appreciate all the years of you not being there for me as I was growing up, and I am so happy that you decided that today was the day for you to speak up and put your two fucking cents in. Now if you would kindly please open this can of STFU :squintfin ..troll..
:D

798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Listen, all you public transportation advocates. I really do appreciate the advice, and I am fully aware of all the options I have on my 140 mile roundtrip work commute.

However, in this thread I am looking for insight on anyone who has actually experienced one of these hearings, or has advice in that regard.

Thanks

· Registered
2,467 Posts
You are going to get/already have got your DL suspended, no way around it. My advice, first stop being a dumbass and take responsibility for your actions. No one forced you to speed or tail gate. Second, drive during the suspension but be smart. DONT FUCKING SPEED and dont drive at night. Always drive on road with traffic especially at night. And only drive to and from work. Cops only pull people over for 2 reasons, first they are doing something wrong and 2nd they are bored. Avoid both situations and you will be good.

· Banned
3,180 Posts
You are going to get/already have got your DL suspended, no way around it. My advice, first stop being a dumbass and take responsibility for your actions. No one forced you to speed or tail gate. Second, drive during the suspension but be smart. DONT FUCKING SPEED and dont drive at night. Always drive on road with traffic especially at night. And only drive to and from work. Cops only pull people over for 2 reasons, first they are doing something wrong and 2nd they are bored. Avoid both situations and you will be good.
Birthday:
05-03-1990
Car:
Lexus SC300 2jz-ge/w58

Dude, watch who your babyass talks to like that. This is not another kid like you. If you aint got nothing nice to say, the just stfu:squintfin

· Banned
3,180 Posts
^^^^Hey Iggy! its okay he also thinks our MKIV TOYOTA Supras are crap compared to his LEXUS SC300. With our outdated interior and Toyota badging.
LOL i wasnt trying to bash on his car. Simply his age( even though Im like only 1 year older:lol:) cause hes all here talking shit to some grown man who just simply asked for adice, not that.:)

We are out dated huh:lol: Supras will always be the shit. Just wait till they go classic, oh yeah..

· Registered
2,467 Posts
Iggy stfu. i'm not here to debate sc v supra. Go read Bad4URHeart post again. Its VERY obvious the guy doesnt even realize its his fault for getting his DL suspended. . How can you even say "ya i got a ticket about every 24months so my record is clean." I'll tell you what clean is, 0 tickets since i have been driving which is what 4 years now? Then he goes and blames other people for causing his "AT FAULT" accidents, i mean come on. The best advice that guy could get is to own up to his mistakes so he doesnt repeat them.

And i did say something nice, i told him NEVER to drive at night and/or on an empty road because thats 100 percent chance of getting pulled over.

· Original Owner
6,312 Posts
August, see what happens when you disappear from SF for a number of years? you get smart ass 18 year olds lecturing you...lol

guy's please be respectful here. If you're here to "lecture" then gtfo. You guys act like you don't break the speed limit from time to time.

· Actual member since 2001.
3,543 Posts
Do waste your cash on an attorney. But in reality, you'r pretty much fuc*** Like you mentioned, just take the bus/train/bicycle to work for 6 months.

· 2turbos1supra
2,733 Posts
"1 point for at fault accident - stupid driver merged in front of me slowly.
1 point for at fault accident - stupid soccer mom nailed brakes cuz she missed turn - me rear ended the car that rear ended her.
1 point for following to closely on above accident - contested and lost"

WTF, I can't believe they'll tag you as "at fault" for these. I guess there's no way around it when you rear end someone, but that's completely bullshit whens its automatically your fault no matter what situation.

· Registered
863 Posts
I would say if you can afford the 2 grand it may be helpflull to have and Attorney present your case. My Ex got 4 speeding tickets in less than 4 months and had to get her an Attorney & was able to dismiss 2 and take traffic school for other 2 which were also dismissied.

Good luck

· Actual member since 2001.
3,543 Posts
I would say if you can afford the 2 grand it may be helpflull to have and Attorney present your case. My Ex got 4 speeding tickets in less than 4 months and had to get her an Attorney & was able to dismiss 2 and take traffic school for other 2 which were also dismissied.

Good luck
Id assume your talking about traffic court. But DMV hearings are totally different. No getting out of those, GL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.