Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you first get this clutch is it very difficult to get in to gear? And loosens as you drive it more and more?

I got mine in and it was impossible to get in gear, now as long as I shift very fast I can switch gears, but other than that I have a hard time shifting.

Any feedback would help.

ALso, does anyone know how long your pushrod is? I had to fabricate my own.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
KozanBMW said:
When you first get this clutch is it very difficult to get in to gear? And loosens as you drive it more and more?

I got mine in and it was impossible to get in gear, now as long as I shift very fast I can switch gears, but other than that I have a hard time shifting.

Any feedback would help.

ALso, does anyone know how long your pushrod is? I had to fabricate my own.
Pushrods???????? Your kidding right?

Khris

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
osofast7m said:
Pushrods???????? Your kidding right?

Khris
lol he's gotta be talking about his master cylinder rod?

KozanBMW, if you had to fab your own master cyl rod, that will be your problem. The clutch isnt disengaging properly when you step on it. Its something you should fix asap as it will be giving your synchros hell

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
LOL sorry about that...you had me nervous for a second...good luck!

Khris

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just put one of these in an Rb20 and we had a similar problem. Since the clutch was bought used it didnt come with the right Throwout bearing so we sourced one that was about 1/2 the thinckness. we also took the lock washer out of the Pivot point in the tranny and replaced it with some RTV to keep fluid from leaking out. This gave us enough play to fully dissengage the clutch.

When we first mounted the tranny the fork was pressed up against the bell housing and it didnt have any free play at all

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
If you changed the rod on the master, then you have screwed up the distance, you need to adjust the clutch form inside the cabin on the little clutch adjustment screw at the back of the clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention this is a 2jz in my E36 BMW so everything is a little different. I have the 5-speed R154 tranny in it. I will try these specs and check if I can get it to work. It has the BMW master cylinder. The rod I had to make was for the slave, it is adjustable threaded rod. I guess its more not engaging that no disengaging.

When I put the clutch down it doesnt always let a smooth shift, and will grind gears. IT does make a chatter however when I do press the pedal in, so that makes me think it is engaging, just maybe not enough. When we adjust it further ahead, it seems like it reverses and becomes more difficult again.

Sorry for being so vague but I know nothing about clutches.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to either adjust the clutch in or bleed your clutch line. If you cant get it into 1st gear very easy you are not fully disengaging the clutch.

·
Registered
483 Posts
KozanBMW said:
Yeah yeah, i meant to say clutch rod. Laugh it up =)
I sent you PM on this and pics to help out. Call me later and we can talk I sent my # for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts