Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I just was told at my job that the product line that I'm the manager of has been sold to a company in Detriot and I'll be layed off in September. As a result its high time I get off my ass and move down to NC, which I've been planning to for a few years. I'm mostly interested in Raleigh or Charlotte.

If anyone has any advice about engineering jobs, specifically electrical, I'd be more than appreciative. Also good places to live and such. Either IM or email ([email protected]) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I'll probably see you all at the end of the summer.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Why does everyone come to NC from the north? Seriously... there are lots of other states in the southeast - but it seems everyone picks NC.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Jim Swantko said:
Why does everyone come to NC from the north? Seriously... there are lots of other states in the southeast - but it seems everyone picks NC.
Golf

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good jobs (high tech in RTP) and way better weather than Northeast without having the Florida heat and humidity and old people. Much cheaper home prices. Nicer friendlier people. More layed back way of life, everything in Boston is rush rush rush. Seems like a nicer place to raise kids. I've never heard anyone say they hated living in NC but people say that about MA all the time. Year round Golf, Supra and Motorcycle driving.

Those are my reasons anyways

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
T6Rocket said:
Those are not enough reasons! :rolleyes:

Try "South" Carolina. Closer to Myrtle Beach!

Al
:D :bigthumb:

Virginia has beautiful weather too.

Keep in mind NC's gas tax is about double that of SC or VA - my personal favorites.

We pay the following in State Gas Taxes (per gallon):

North Carolina: 30.15 cents per gallon
South Carolina: 16 cents per gallon
Georgia: 7.5 cents per gallon
Virginia: 17.5 cents per gallon

www.stopthegastaxhike.com

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
flexysteve8 said:
I'm getting the feeling that you guys are sick of the influx of people to NC.
What gives you that idea? :scratch: Moving to Raleigh is so "ten years ago". Now everyone is moving to Vegas.

Besides, the lack of professional sports will give you culture shock! We only have one professional team, which is doing quite nicely if I must say!

GO CANES!

Al

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Hahaha - Al is on a roll!! :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stay away from Raleigh, are neighboring city has more bloods and crips than LA. So unless you are ready to bust a cap I say move somewhere else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts