Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my hatch rattles a bit, and I plan to get new bumpstops. The bumpstops are all that showed up when I searched. However, my car has strange ratttles and squeaks from other unknown sources. What sucks even more is that I don't hear them unless I am actually driving. So for the most part I can't really tell where such noises come from.

Any tips as to stopping such madness? I have even thought about using dynamat ( or equivelant) and sticking it where ever I can. Anything to stop my car like sounding like a POS.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
MixMasterP2k3 said:
LOL yea it is a targa. How do I fix a squeaky window? What parts?
Just make sure that the seals are tight against the window when the door is closed.
MAke sure the window does not shake when its up : I think you can check those bolts holding the window mechanism inside the door .

Also, springs and the dust covers against the them can make those noises as well as worn out bushings..

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
if its a targa its just gonna wiggle alot and make sqeeks toyota even sold the cars with a thing on the rear view mirror saying if it sqeeks not to worry.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SupaMan said:
if its a targa its just gonna wiggle alot and make sqeeks toyota even sold the cars with a thing on the rear view mirror saying if it sqeeks not to worry.

Well, I have been in a friends targa car. It is newer (90), and I can tell you it sure as hell did not squeak like mine does. I just want to minimize it as much as possible.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
the spare tire cover (piece of wood) is definately criminal to this offense. Try there, and also make sure that none of the plastic pieces inside the interior are squeeking or rattling due to missing clips. I know on the passenger rear of my car one of the clips is broken in the large side piece and it drives me crazy.

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
what year is your car? it could be alot of things the spare tire cover is a good place to start if you lift mine up and move it side to side you can hear it squeek

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
interior pieces will shake and rattle, many of them came with felt on parts that would potentially rub, but the felt wears out...

best way I've found is to have someone in the car and crawl around pushing on panels and see if it stops, ghetto, sure, but it's very effective...

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
I found that my glove box made a large amount of noise in my car. I pushed on it and found that it was loose on the locking mechanism, so I just tightened it and that helped. Might just wanna drive around on a bumpy road where no one else is and try to just hear for a certain noise, narrow it down, fix it, and repeat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts