Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldn't seem to find a clear answer.

Does anyone know of any newer OEM Toyota FOBS that work on our car? Can be easily programmed like OEM?

Thanks!

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
a new one from Toyota is $45 IIRC. I bought 2 and reprogrammed them easily on my supra.

·
Registered
362 Posts
A good way to find out is usually take the FCC ID from the back of the fob and search for other fobs with the same ID.

·
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Not worried about the costs, just want something more modern looking.

I lost mine on my '97, are FCC ID universal to year? If so, anyone have one? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
a new one from Toyota is $45 IIRC. I bought 2 and reprogrammed them easily on my supra.
Doug,

Is this the original black plastic fob with the white circular button that came with Toyota's Theft Deterrent System Enhancement (TDSE)? Car is a '94. Thanks.

Ken.

·
Registered
241 Posts
How do you find out if your car has keyless entry? My car only came with manual key when i bought the car

·
Banned
451 Posts
I did some research and this is what I found out
Toyota used the Same Key FOB on several different models, take a look at 90-97 CAMRY 4RUNNER RAV4 COROLLA AVALON SIENNA they all share the same FOB with the Supra up to 97 I saw nothing for 98 Model
OEM Key FOB
BAB237131-022 BAB237131022 PT398-07101 PT39807101

·
Registered
310 Posts
I searched and couldn't seem to find a clear answer.

Does anyone know of any newer OEM Toyota FOBS that work on our car? Can be easily programmed like OEM?

Thanks!
Allen, hope you are are well and you are holding things down in the A. This is something that I have been after for a long time. I know it seems insignificant but, I really hate the Supra key. As I have been searching and trying different things, I found the key blank with the remote in the head of the key for the 2007-2010 (11?) Camry is the same as the Supra. I purchased one (a couple actually) off “the auction site” and had it cut for my car and it works great. See pic comparison below. I also researched and found the part # for the keyless entry module/receiver for that car (89741-06020). They are ridiculously expensive new from the dealer but, seem to be readily available and reasonable used. That is about where my abilities end. The way that this wires into the Camry, I am not sure you could, or how you would, with the Supra. Also, the gyrations you have to go through to get the receiver to “learn” a new key may also prove to not be possible. I was really hoping I could find somebody who could sprinkle a little fairy dust and get my avital keyless entry to learn this signal and I would be golden. Thought maybe I’d post in this thread and someone may see it and be able to offer a solution. Hope you don’t think I’m trying to hijack your thread. :D You know me better than that. And hey, if somebody figures this out you may go this route to, right?

supra keys by Westley Workman, on Flickr

·
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sharp looking key Wes, hope you doing well too! I'm just now picking the Supra project back up and stockpiling parts.

This is one of those things that I've always wanted, a more modern key. I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts