Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after suffering for nearly 2 years with an SUV (2000 4Runner V6 5 speed) my wife and I decided that enough was enough. We longed for a car again, and something to properly replace the former 2000 Honda Prelude SH we owned before this truck.

Being an extremely loyal Toyota fan, we wanted to select something from their lineup, but clearly nothing really offered the right combination of 4 doors, attractive styling, RWD (or AWD), and a decent motor. So, knowing that the IS300 was our closest ancestral link, we set off to compare those to BMW 330i's. Well, the BMW didn't even come close to impressing us, nor the Audi A4, but the Lexus IS300 flat out blew us away from the first moment we sat in it.

Fast forward a couple days and we're the proud new owners of a 2003 black/black IS300 with alcantara/leather interior, polished factory 17's, navigation system, and 5 speed manual. We didn't get heated seats as an option, but the car has 37k miles, and the overall combination of options/colors was very close to spot-on for us so we went for it!

Without further wait, here you go:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

I know it's not the "usual" Infiniti G35 coupe that most of our members buy as daily drivers, but it's our new baby and we sure are proud of it! :)

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
Very nice choice. Ready for mods yet?

Mike

·
3,466 Posts
slower and slower your cars get Steve!!! :D ;)

I am a closet IS300 fan too!! :) Looks absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
648 Posts
meh, looks just like all the 10 million other ones i've seen :dunno:

which is a good thing :bigthumb: nice ride man, looks clean in black + chrome :)

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
looks nice man, now that the supra is my only car since the old celica was sold, sometimes i get tired of the constant attention i get on the road (ei: civic/350z/audi/domestic/truck pple tailing me constantly, cops loving my exhaust, poor people in beat up trucks flipping the bird at me as they cut me off, groups of punk skater kids always gathered around the car when i make a quick stop at the market and even guys in minivans feeling they have to prove something occasionally)...i kno its all worth it tho, but on a regualr day basis it gets old.

is300 gets my vote as the best dd. reliable, 4 doors, a little more on a level above some other cars, less likely to attract haters and it has a 2jzge (NA powAH! haaha) along with plenty of luxury. good buy man.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Looks great Steve!! Perfect, perfect color combo. Manual too, great performance to booth! :) Solely on the base that not a lot of people have them compared to G35 is worth it to buy it IMO. :) Enjoy 2JZ daily!!

-Olivier

·
Low Miles Sackrider
190 Posts
Nice choice Steve. Great picks up at Rattlesnake Lake. Looking forward to seeing both of your toys around town now.

-Brady

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for that thing? I was looking at getting an IS300, before I got my N/A! They are great cars :bigthumb:

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Wow Steve you got lucky with the Navi in the IS3!

Congrats buddy you deserve it.

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
Stevedore,

Nice work as always. I like the black/black combo and five-speed, too. You done well, my friend.

Ken.

Reactions: Nemesis

·
Supraless
666 Posts
Steve,

Just curious... what was it about the A4 that you didn't particularly like? I've always been attracted to the styling and the AWD of the A4 as well as the styling and overall package of the IS. However, I've never had the chance to 'really' test drive an IS. I'd like to hear what swayed your decision.

Congrats on the beautiful car by the way. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice choice for a daily driver! IS300's are sweeeeeeet!

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Perfect, can you sneak on a turbo kit w/o the wifey knowing?! :D

Jay

1 - 20 of 41 Posts