Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was working fine on my way to work, but then halfway home I noticed it started acting up. It would jump around and then finally just stops??

I scanned the ECU and there wasn't any codes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
the vehicle speed sensor in the trans is probably kaput check that or take it toyota it usually costs 100 bucks to have it diagnosed correctly instead of guessing what part is bad on it

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hau said:
check your odometer for loose soldered connections
I have another person's odometer here that I've plugged in and it still doesn't work. It's been working and I haven't done anything to the car so it confuses me. Once in a while still the speedo needle would jump but then nothing.
RedSupra said:
take it toyota
That's a good joke :ugh2: .

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E10 2 is the vehicle speed pin right? It's pink and leads to the plug that goes into the odometer? Is there any way to test it? I guess the voltage goes up as the car goes faster causing the speedo to read higher?

But how do I test it, and perhaps run a new line?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Chances are the speed sensor located near the tranny needs to be replaced.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Thats not the problem, Its becasue you jumped wires 5 and 6 in the odometer. You have to cut wire 6 (pink) running to the odometer. The odometer will still work but you are now send a singal into the odometer where it used to be sending one out. You will fry the board if you dont fix it.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
arent you suppose to cut pink and blue/red and tie together to see if then works? i think , not sure, pink is speed in and blue/red is speed out to ecu?

·
a supra..fast..hahaha
266 Posts
i'm having a similar problem with my speedo.. it's like when i come to a complete stop the needle slowly returns to zero.. going about 50 and when i come to a stop the needle still reads about 15 and slowly goes back to zero.. ytou have any idea what would cause this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts