Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the present time i'm having an overboost problem caused by what i believe to be the wastegate (stock internal on the CT-26) getting stuck closed. Therefor if i'm not careful and go full throttle, the boost finds its way up to 12psi where the car then falls on it's face and makes me look like a fool. I've looked around a bit for information and also talked to a few people and have come to think that the cause is carbon buildup in the wastegate. Does this make sense to any of you and what would your recommendations be to fix the car? The nearest shop to my house would be Sound Performance but i haven't tried calling them yet. Thanks for the help.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
It sounds like you are hitting fuel cut because of the over boost. You should check over all you intercooler pipes and connections, if one is cracked or lose it could be causing this. Do you hear loud hissing when you boost?. If so it is most likely one of your IC pipes or connections.

You could try to spray some penitrating oil on the wastegate arm that goes into the turbo. Have you tried to move the rod by hand?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
have you looked at the hose which goes from the charge pipe to the wastegate actuator? Perhaps it has popped off, or become brittle and cracked.

The "falls on its face" feature is called fuel cut. It's toyota's way of making sure overboosting doesnt blow an engine and make them pay for warranty work ;)

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
my friend had the same problem with the wastegate actuator, he had a hole on the hose. from the front it looked fine, but when you look behind it had a big hole. try replacing the hose and see what happens.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys i appreciat the help. I know the fuel cutoff is at 12psi and thought i included that in there but i guess the info was stuck in my head and didn't make it to the keys. anywho, i'll check in to it tomorrow and see what i can find.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Did you fixed it?
I have the same problem but on 6 or 7 psi :(

Chrisco said:
Thanks guys i appreciat the help. I know the fuel cutoff is at 12psi and thought i included that in there but i guess the info was stuck in my head and didn't make it to the keys. anywho, i'll check in to it tomorrow and see what i can find.

P

·
0 Posts
crazyone2044 said:
i cant even go that far as soon as boost goes up to 6 or 7 my rpms drop down to 1000 and no response to the gas pedal for like about 3 sec :(
Sounds like you have a boost leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts