Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a whifbitz front bumper and when i went to put it on it hit the overflow tank and i had to take the stock overflow tank off for it to fit...so my question is what kind of aftermarket overflow tanks are people using and where do they relocate them to?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
other options are to relocate your battery to the rear or under your car and place the over flow in the battery location.

Obviously you will not use the factory size battery.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats cool but i was hoping not to have to relocate the battery until i go single

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Greddy offers an overflow tank with their FMIC kit that relocates the stock position. WHy not just buy a 3row or something?

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
get one from curt... $48 or so

(That's what I did when I pieced together my fmic)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just to clear something up...first of all im kinda new to the supra community....i have a greddy 3-row...the overflow tank might have been relocated already...not sure...it had the 3-row when i bought it...i thought it was in the stock position...currently it is mounted (if looking from the front of the car)on the left side of the left framerail...now im just confused

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
If you have a 3 row already then it was definitely already relocated. It should be near the battery. Just follow the hose that leads from the top of the radiator.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my overflow tank is not by the battery...it is on the frame rail(under passenger headlight)is that stock position...how do i get ahold of the greddy one b/c whoever installed my 3-row didn't use it and i would like to relocate it beside the battery

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Under the passenger headlight is not the stock location. I'm guessing that the person who installed the 3row on your car didn't have the overflow tank to begin with because placing it under the pass headlight is a first to me and sounds like more of a pain in the ass. Try emailing Greddy here http://greddy.com/ or email Dusty.

·
Registered
408 Posts
if youd like i can make you one. i would need a sketch of the dementions and where youd like the mounting tab. i make these for the mkiii supras out of 6061t6 aluminum sheet and tig weld them together, then polish them. i dont know of many other options though.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
David, How much do you charge for making one? I am in the same boat and need one made. I can get you dimensions. My email is [email protected].

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also interested, what would you charge?....not sure of the dimensions yet but can get them easily(probably about the same size as the overflow tank that comes with the 3-row. my e-mail is [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts