Supra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i thought this info might be useful. for a few months now i have had a problem with my coolant resevoir bubbling and spitting out coolant when boosting and also had a supposed oil pan leak, but today when i pulled off the alternator, come to find out that the big hose that runs from the head(right next to the oil filler cap) to the block was busted. it was completely off. then i found a small hose under the intake manifold was busted to. the smaller hose is about five inches long and sits right behind the bar that ties down the engine(sorry i dont know what that bar is called. it looks like one end of a sway bar). anyway. after i replaced the two hoses, the car idled smoothly. and when i boosted to 12psi redlining everytime, the car responded nice and pulled hard.( i guess the jerking hesitation i had before wasnt boost spike). i did this for a good 10 miles through winding roads and boosting at least 20-25 times. no overheating or coolant spitting. the temp gauge actually stayed more to the low side then what ive seen in my pass 4 mk111 turbos. what the hell? so if anyone is having the same over heating problem with coolant spitting and okay compression, check these two hoses. mine were hard as rock and broken. i will be able to tell you guys in a few days if it fixed my assumed oil pan leak. i know i wont be overheating anymore.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts