Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Back to the remedy
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Besides BHG, what can it be?)
Hey guys another problem with this car, i fixed the coolant leak back of engine (was coolant hose clamp problem) and car worked fine for past 4 days. Tonight driving home from work on a bumpy road that was scarred for pavement my temp gauge went up to about 60%, it slowly climbed to 80% after a few minutes. When i came to a stop light i noticed a little white smoke. I had less than a mile to get home so kept going, about 1/4 mile from my house it reached redline and i got home. When i popped the hood all the smoke was coming from right below the hose that comes from the oil cap down below the alternator. There was coolant next to my battery and agaisnt parts of the wall below the intake manifold.

I just want to know what/where coolant/white smoke can be leaking from around the intake manifold behind the alternator. I didnt think there was any coolant hoses around there and not sure what to check. Any non BHG ideas would help, as i changed HG last fall and hope i dont have to do it again...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ha I just had this problem about a month ago.. there is a small coolant hose about maybe 10 inches long that looks kinda like fuel line.. its small.. the fittings are like 3/8" anyway.. it goes from bottom of front of intake manifold to the ISC.. mine had split right at the fitting on the manifold.. it was a PITA to change it and got me pissed off a couple times.. finally got it done after about 2 hours. You should probably take off the alternator and I had to remove the VSV thats right there to so I wouldnt break it. I hope that hose is your problem.. I thought I might have had a BHG at first too cause I couldnt think of any hoses down there either.. then I remembered those small ones. Hope all that helps.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yep, hoses going to the ISC and throttle body...

·
Back to the remedy
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys were right changed hose burped engine and now its been working for the past week + thanks guys for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts