Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SFOT Hero of the Year
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first set of D2 coilovers were "lost" by UPS. So the company had this set "overnighted from Japan". I felt like I was in TF&F.

D2 coilovers w/ Pillowball Mounts

·
Registered
136 Posts
just curious why a "jdm" company makes coilovers for a car that wasn't offered in japan... yeah the xvr or whatever concept, but it was never made there... d2 look good though. when/if I get another dsm I might have to look into those.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
nismo2491 said:
just curious why a "jdm" company makes coilovers for a car that wasn't offered in japan... yeah the xvr or whatever concept, but it was never made there... d2 look good though. when/if I get another dsm I might have to look into those.

Incase you didn't know they make them for the s13 as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know they make them for s13, but my s13 isn't designed to be a handler, its built for straight drag and kyb agx w/ sportlines willbe better than coilovers because I don't want to go too stiff.....
as far as the eclipse being made in japan, i'm 99% sure that the 1g eclipse was never made in japan...

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
i hope you plan on using useable settings rather then that ridiculous amount of negative camber on the rears...

·
Registered
594 Posts
nice set of coilovers...i'm surprised a company went through that much trouble for the sake of customer service...what company was it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
so sorry that I left out a technicality, let me rephrase it for people who can't understand shit if its not to an exact perfect T.
I am under the impression that the eclipse was never sold in japan as a new vehicle from a dealership. Yes people may have brought them over there via military or the like, but I don't think it was sold there. If I am wrong feel free to correct me with some sites linked so I can see my mistakes. very sorry.
I know damn well where it was made, I've been to the normal factories. (normal being the location)...

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
The 1st GEN Eclipse was sold at Japan. NO it wasnt sent over. NO it wasnt shipped by Military people.

ALSO THERE IS A FUCKING RARE ECLIPSE ONLY MADE for japan. It came with Gullwing doors.

When the 2nd gen DSM came out Mitsu scrapped the idea for making them in japan and made the FTO

·
SFOT Hero of the Year
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr. Wob said:
i hope you plan on using useable settings rather then that ridiculous amount of negative camber on the rears...
I had just put them on and had not had a chance to install the adjustable upper rear control arms. The car will have a proper alignment soon.

·
SFOT Hero of the Year
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lawdogg said:
Are those chromed RP-01s??
They are Enkei RP02-J wheels in Special Brilliant Coating. It's a rare finish Enkei has only put on 2 wheels and only a total of like 4 sizes. It's not chrome. It's not hyperblack. It's not black chrome. It's like nothing I had ever seen before. The pics really do not do them justice. It's some kinda special combination of paint and anodizing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts