Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OWn3D by crank pulley bolt.

that bitch just came off and the entire crank pulley fell off while i was going about 5mph. car shut off..timing is spared.

i got another crank pulley and bolt back in and it says torque to 195ft lbs....well the crank pulley keeps turning with my torquing. Ive tried putting it in first..but it still turns with my wrench.

my question is..how do i keep the crank pulley still while i put down this 195ft lbs of torque to the crank pulley????

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Acess the flywheel (inspection cover or pull the starter) and jam a prybar in there. An assistant to hold the prybar would be good.

The crankshaft keyway wasn't damaged?

L

·
0 Posts
well, I used a chain wrench and wedged it underneath the water pump. But to no avail, the crank pulley came off again, destroyed all the rod bearings and now, im dropping a new motor in my car. That little bolt doesnt like to be treated like other bolts...

no you best put the car in gear and pull the ebrake. Maybe back it into a wall if you can, because unless you can get the chain wrench to work (which is a bit sketchy, it can slip, and make sure you use a spare belt so you dont wreck grooves on the pulley) the car is just gonna keep on rolling.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Acess the flywheel (inspection cover or pull the starter) and jam a prybar in there. An assistant to hold the prybar would be good.

The crankshaft keyway wasn't damaged?
the woodruff or whatever it is key was molded onto the crank..fucker was flush man.

but the actualy keyway was ok..thankfully shane87turbo had an extra crank pulley and keyway...so we got the bastard in. torquing it is now our newest challenge.

im just trying to figure out ways i can hold the crank pulley down so i can torque it right.

i put it in 1st and 2nd with no avail..someone recommended 5th gear..any reason why?

L

·
0 Posts
I've heard that too. I guess since 5th is a low ratio, its harder to get the wheels to turn from a dead stop. I never could really tell any difference between gears when torqueing that bolt, however.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
you think that is Owned, I got OWNED, the bolt sheared off costing me a whole new crank and a full rebuild, cars been down for 9 months now... aight peace :chicken: and good luck man

·
Registered
125 Posts
well we got that fookin thing on and torqued right but i aint countin my chickens b4 they hatch . the car seems to be runin alright.

L

·
0 Posts
Mine ran alright for about six weeks after I put it back in. Then, the one time I revved over 4500, it ruined everything. Just be careful, and don't run it too hard if you don't have to.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shane87turbo said:
well we got that fookin thing on and torqued right but i aint countin my chickens b4 they hatch . the car seems to be runin alright.
Hell yeah! Thanks alot for the helping hand Shane. Thanks for the help, for the extra bolt and pulley!

she runs pretty fuckin smooth now...no vibrations through the shifter and shifting gear to gear feels as smooth as silk.

hopefully i dont capture what lightning and Boostaddctn encountered. I dont tihnk i will...i mean right when this bitch came off, i already had the clutch down on a turn going about 2mph.

Hopefully everything will be ok.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MrBoost said:
I threw a pulley at 125MPH once, what a mess!
damn..any details into what happened with that?

i was luckily enuf to have ben going 2mph when this happened to me.

3,796 Posts
You spelled "OWN3D" wrong.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
owell.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
*goes out to check torque on crank pulley bolt*

seriously this has been happeneing a lot lately... good luck

Ang

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so far i put 50 miles on her, boosting to 12 and criusin, going 90mph, 50mph etc.

so far its as smooth as silk.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Use a 3/4 drive impact wrench, but be gentle. They make enough torque to shear the bolt. Its a 10 second job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts