Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The good news is, he has a shitload of mods. Big old freaking turbo and damn near everything but a built motor.

Me... DR-500's DSM injectors, stillen dp, afc, stock fp :(

me=12psi
him=20psi

Right Click Save As

Video

*you need divx
www.divx.com

EDIT : I just found out he was infact running 20 psi. when he was running me he saw a little knock so he turned it down when he raced the other white dsm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not a bad run for only being at 12 PSI. Crank those DR500s to 18 PSI and kick his butt next time. Even at 16 PSI you would have hung with him. I can say this, my VR-4 feels almost 100% stronger that 18 PSI than it did at 15 PSI. And yes, the 450cc injectors are supporting the 18 PSI just fine... even on pump gas. :)

Good runs. You'll get him next time.

*EDIT* Didn't notice the stock FP first time I read the post. Errr.... yea... better safe than sorry until you upgrade that puppy. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't get the damn fitting off :( lol I have coated it in pb blaster a few times and it still won't budge :(. Oh well gona go get a custom line tommorow.

BTW he will still kick my ass if I am on 18 psi and he is on 25 :)

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
:cool: Nice video!

That AWD definitly showed it's advantages in that race.... I assume he's sporting a gst? Cool race, and yes, considering your cars weight and he was highly modded, honorable death. :)

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
hmmm

I don't have any idea, but from the looks of the launch that was a GS-T, hinting the reason why he pulled up top against your heavy car compaired to his. Was that a sutter box I heard by the way? Did the dsm have a fmic? It looked like that wire mesh crap from what I could tell? Do you have any idea what you run? I know for a fact that 16psi for a dsm on an upgraded turbo isn't much, and I do know that is about max psi for the stock t-25. But with a t-25 on a 2800lbs GS-T, there are many that trap around 103 on the stock turbo, thats why I'm wondering if you know what you run?
I use to own a pretty highly modded 98 GSX, before I got the supra...ahh, well, its still parked in the garage, waiting for someone to pick it up, but I know on the stock sidemount you can run up to 18psi on an upgraded turbo and you only said he was running 16psi. Oh, and not to be a cocky dick as this may sound, my GSX could take ls1's from a roll, and no contest from a stop! Not starting a flame war here guys, there are plenty of ls1s that would hand me my ass for sure. All I'm wondering is if you know specific parts he was running so I can get a good estimate of his HP and performance! Good run anways, I would of smacked his ass for looking at you like he did when he passed you by...like he was all that or something:D
-Ryan

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he has dsmlink v2 (*antilag) and a 60 trim, hks cams, 720 cc injectors bla bla bla

as for what I run, I duno on this setup but before I got my dr500's I ran a 13.2 @ 105

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good death. I love DSM's. That one (2G GST) didn't sound that good though. Curious to know what exhaust he his running... Anyway, that ain't nothing--16psi. Two guys here with 91 Talons are pushing 26psi on their Greens. Absolutely sick:eek: Anyway, good race.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vlaar, exhaust sounds like ass cause he is running low psi and has an external dump. He was having some issues trying to run 20 psi *his usual pump gas boost.

I tuned my car a bit and if we raced again with him on 16 psi he and me on 12 eh wouldn't have passed me like that. Then again if he tunes his car I'll be in the dust again :(

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Yeah, I got a kick out of that too..... he definitly had that "well I'm on camera and beating you, might as well get a good picture" glance over at you.

ll Chopsticks ll said:
Nice video. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that part in the video where he looks over at you while he's passing. :lol:

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
hmmm

that sounds about right, with you getting a 105 trap he is probably somewhere around 110mph trap on 16psi and on 20psi i'm sure he is closer to 120 traps for sure! good run none the less! I guess your lucky he wasn't running 20psi, cuz it would of been worse;) nah, i'm just kidding, I was just a very very big dsm guy and a very avid member on dsmtalk.com! Good race!
-Ryan

·
Registered
51 Posts
I rode in a GS-T with a 50 trim (whatever that means... lol!) turbo in it this weekend. Being a guy who is used to AWD or RWD, it was a whole new experience to feel the front of the car hopping around at 60 MPH as the tires were spinning like mad. It was a pretty fast car, no doubt. His last run at the track pulled a 117 MPH trap on race gas. He was on pump gas, so he guessed he was somewhere in the range of 112 MPH traps that night.

I then took him for a ride in the DR500 powered VR-4. :D He was impressed, to say the least. I think had we taken the cars out for a run I would have hung with him from a roll, with him pulling slowly away. But instead of racing we ended up working on the Supra all night.

Oh well, we'll be hitting the track one more time before the end of the season. Hopefully there will be good numbers from both of us. I'm tired of having the traps for low 12s, but being stuck in the low 13s.... GRRRRRRRR!!!!! LOL!

C

·
0 Posts
ll Chopsticks ll said:
Nice video. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that part in the video where he looks over at you while he's passing. :lol:
Looked like Paul Walker

1 - 20 of 58 Posts