R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you please post pics of SP Budget Kit

Any dyno numbers would be awsome too

If you list dyno numbers please let me know what mods and trans you have too

YES I DID A SEARCH IN FACT I DID 5 ON THIS SUBJECT

I am sick of my stock twins not holding boost and I am not in the position right now to buy any other single.

Opinions on the kit are always welcomed

I am looking for 400-420RWHP through the auto with a stock fuel system. Is this possiable with the PHR ECU and good tunning ???????

If I upgraded my fuel system in the future is 550-650 RWHP a realalistic number??

Thank you

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
I haven't seen a single budget kit dyno on a Dynojet posted.

Seems like everyone who has the kit either A.) Doesn't have access to a digital camera, or camera and scanner. B.) Didn't dyno the car.

:)

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Hua said:
I haven't seen a single budget kit dyno on a Dynojet posted.

Seems like everyone who has the kit either A.) Doesn't have access to a digital camera, or camera and scanner. B.) Didn't dyno the car.

:)
Hua, I can do both:p I win

A.) http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=545677

B.) The car was dyno'd at Sound performance on 110 octane and humidity. check sig. Mine's a six-speed. Only other performance mods are 3" downpipe, ATR exhaust, EVC EZII, AFCII, and SSBOV. Pretty basic bpu stuff. Stock clutch is still kickin.

Hope this helps you out redmkivtt. As far as reaching 420rwhp with your stock auto, it should be cake:cool:

billy

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Not to get to much involved in this, but I think he may be asking for pics before and during the install. I for one would like to see pics of the kit before the install. When sitting in the engine bay finished, it just looks like any other large snail on top of a manifold.

Eric

4 digit HP

·
Registered
242 Posts
I put down 434rwhp and 425rwtq on a rich tune (11.2/5-1) at 20psi through an Auto, stock fuel and sidemount and 93oct.
Heatsoaked with a 50 shot I put down 475hp and 465tq.

I have the SP61GT kit. Blitz DSBC, HKS SAFR, DP and Apexi N1

Bang for the buck I think that it is great and you have the option of upgrading.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much 4G63 How is the powerband on it? How is the watsegate ( lol does it hold boost any spikes ) any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Personally, I thought all the parts in the kit looked very very nice before the install. Everything was of high quality, and my internal gate has no problems whatsoever holding boost.

Try asking Larry for pictures of the parts before install, if that's what you're looking for..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Claymoremind said:
I put down 434rwhp and 425rwtq on a rich tune (11.2/5-1) at 20psi through an Auto, stock fuel and sidemount and 93oct.

Bang for the buck I think that it is great and you have the option of upgrading.
Thank you for posting

I have a 3-row on already so I would buy the PHR ECU and the Budget Kit I should deff be able to make more than 420rwhp.

How is lag on the turbo and do you have any tarnny work done?

Thank you

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4G63 said:
Personally, I thought all the parts in the kit looked very very nice before the install. Everything was of high quality, and my internal gate has no problems whatsoever holding boost.

Try asking Larry for pictures of the parts before install, if that's what you're looking for..
Actually you answered all my questions

I am just the type of person who likes the best and everything has to be done 100% Soemtimes I think the budget kit is not good just for the fact that its cheap LOL belive me I know that sounds dumb.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just curious, but what's the point? You can get those #'s off the stock twins. And, I would imagine less lag also... Now if your stock twins died on you, this is a different story. But, if you want MORE power, Im thinking bigger...

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
redmkivtt said:
Thank you very much 4G63 How is the powerband on it? How is the watsegate ( lol does it hold boost any spikes ) any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you
the powerband is great. Gets full boost before 4000rpm. Now that it's cold, she is soo fast. My AFCII read 85% airflow last night on a pull, and I've never seen it past 80%. It just started to cool down though here in AZ. My kit is also the SP61GT. Your frontmount will help out for sure. I need to get mine before next summer.....the only thing that can't keep up well at all is my stock clutch.

The wastegate will be fine, as long as you have a decent boost controller. I wouldn't suggest using a manual one though.

billy

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
SNOOP said:
Just curious, but what's the point? You can get those #'s off the stock twins. And, I would imagine less lag also... Now if your stock twins died on you, this is a different story. But, if you want MORE power, Im thinking bigger...
My power gains were significant when switching from stockers to the budget kit, same boost levels (I don't run race gas yet). Also, the power is much more consistent now. This week is the first time she's ran in 50 degree weather (AZ is HOT!) and now she's even faster... I don't know if my dynos would be bumped up, but I definately feel it. The 470rwhp dyno was done while it was really humid.

Stock twins have dyno'd pretty high, but they had frontmounts, and that's probably their max. The SP61GT should be able to make well over 500rwhp. I'd imagine mine would hit 600rwhp with 25-30 pounds and supporting mods.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Remember that all the high stock twin dynos (440-450 RWHP) were done with VPCs, FMICs and in some cases cams. These budget kit cars all for the most part bone stock cars with the exception of the budget kit and exhaust. If you were to add a vpc, FMIC and cams to the budget kit expect 550+ RWHP. Dont forget also that those #s were at 19 psi and the turbo in the budget kit can run efficiently up to 30!!

SNOOP said:

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Claymoremind said:

im proud i dynoed more than a single turbo supra, i think this is the first, im rocking a high-flow cat so thats 30-40 hp down the drain, i had the same tune as you, on 93 pump, 17 psi 6-speed, numbers seem about right.

Brett

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Sound Performance said:
Remember that all the high stock twin dynos (440-450 RWHP) were done with VPCs, FMICs and in some cases cams. These budget kit cars all for the most part bone stock cars with the exception of the budget kit and exhaust. If you were to add a vpc, FMIC and cams to the budget kit expect 550+ RWHP. Dont forget also that those #s were at 19 psi and the turbo in the budget kit can run efficiently up to 30!!
Larry, thanks again for the great customer service. I was the guy that had to come back a day before driving out to AZ. You got me in on a Saturday with only a day's notice from me. She's running great, but I can't wait for the frontmount. I think a pair of 264s will do real fine in there too:)

A Tilton's going in before that stuff though, what kind of power gains do you think I'll get with this clutch? It's the triple plate carbon. I was also wondering, specifically, if I will get rwhp gains with this clutch. I already know about all the other gains with it:D

sorry to go off topic, but at least the tilton's going on a budget kit:p

billy

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok one more question i am a paranoid freak when it comes to my cars i do not like to push the limits. is it totaly safe to run 17-19 psi on stock fuel? i think i would buy a 67 budget kit.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
4G63 said:
Hua, I can do both:p I win

A.) http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=545677

B.) The car was dyno'd at Sound performance on 110 octane and humidity. check sig. Mine's a six-speed. Only other performance mods are 3" downpipe, ATR exhaust, EVC EZII, AFCII, and SSBOV. Pretty basic bpu stuff. Stock clutch is still kickin.

Hope this helps you out redmkivtt. As far as reaching 420rwhp with your stock auto, it should be cake:cool:

billy
I've already quite a few pics of it installed already. And I said for someone to post rersuklts on a DynoJet, not Mustang Dyno.

:p

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
neonafk said:
im proud i dynoed more than a single turbo supra, i think this is the first, im rocking a high-flow cat so thats 30-40 hp down the drain, i had the same tune as you, on 93 pump, 17 psi 6-speed, numbers seem about right.

Brett
you did but you did also killed your stock turbos in the mean time ...:(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts