Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
So got a ticket for 77 in 60 by "aircraft" on 18 today...

Anyone know how fight able these are?

I really don't want to pay Jeannie's $350 fee for this...

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
I got a ticket on Superbowl Sunday driving my friends supercharged 2004 Charger. I got caught doing 70 in a 50 (just cruising) on a country road by laser, netting me a $175 ticket. I went to court a week ago, dressed nicely in a suit, spoke to the judge with full respect, had a respectful posture while in court. The judge said I was elligable to have my ticket deferred (a $100 fee for court costs). If the judge gives you the deferrment option, take it unless you're 100% confident that you can win your case.

BTW, don't show up to court dressed like you're going to work on the farm after court like some of the other people in the court I went to. You absolutely want to dress your best, be freshly showered with clean and taken care of nails, and for the love of god be very respectful in the court. Walk straight, sit straight, look directly at the judge and talk like you're speaking to the president of the U.S.A. Don't be looking all around, talking with ya's and uh huh's. Only speak in Yes Sir/Ma'am, No Sir/Ma'am, Yes Your Honor, and No Your Honor. If you're very respectful in the court and the judge will notice and have mercy on your case.

·
Now 2jzMoe
152 Posts
that damn light got me twice, and the dmv had my other address in Oregon so by the time i got my ticket it was too late to fight both of them.

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
I got a ticket for "Following too Closely" on April 28th and sought a lawyer to fight the case for me (which happens to be in Kelso, WA). My court date has been scheduled for mid-August and I'm not even required to show up since my lawyer is doing everything for me. I'll pass on the name and contact information for my guy depending on how well it goes, but he's well known on some other automotive forums and didn't hesitate to take the case when I explained it to him.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
I got a ticket for "Following too Closely" on April 28th and sought a lawyer to fight the case for me (which happens to be in Kelso, WA). My court date has been scheduled for mid-August and I'm not even required to show up since my lawyer is doing everything for me. I'll pass on the name and contact information for my guy depending on how well it goes, but he's well known on some other automotive forums and didn't hesitate to take the case when I explained it to him.
Jag?

·
Hey man he was in my face
812 Posts
Got a ticket in the Skyline last week for 67 in a 55. $144 ticket. I think I'll just send it in and set up a court date, I deferred a ticket back in 2003, I should be up for it again right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Gang....... Got a 75 in a 60 today just inside Salem, anybody have a good recommendation for Marion County lawyer??? damn sneaky Mustangs!!

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
So my ticket was continued (from originally assigned court date) until yesterday and Jag took care of it. I'd not hesitate to recommend his services for any traffic ticket situations at this point as he got my case dismissed, and he also mentioned he now offers criminal defense and specializes in DUI's (in addition to normal traffic tickets).

Contact information:

Matto Law Firm
119 First Ave S, Suite 500
Seattle WA 98104

Jag
253 332 4879

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
We need to get a comparison going as far as rates go now that we have a few well established lawyers around...

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
edited first post with info. Thanks guys

Also if you could let me know their rates for Jag and Mitch. How much is a "normal" speeding ticket cost for them to fight it.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The judge said I was elligable to have my ticket deferred (a $100 fee for court costs). If the judge gives you the deferrment option, take it unless you're 100% confident that you can win your case.
Adam- You failed to read the first post I see. You basically are playing russian roullette with the state not giving you another ticket in a year. So you dress up, kiss ass, and get a deferment?! LOL Thats to be expected (minus the ass kissing). The court takes your $100, and you feel like you won??:eek:

Enjoy living the next year looking over your shoulder going, freaking out every time a cop is behind you for fear that you get another ticket, and this one will go on your record and nail you twice as hard.. OH and your still out that $100 and your dignity.

Please keep us updated. 3:1 odds you'll get popped again. But hey thats just my opinion..I could be wrong.

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Hey Mark,

Jag charged me $375 for my case, but informed me it was more than his normal rate since he traveled to Kelso to fight my case. If you're requiring his services in Seattle or the east side, he led me to believe it would be less than that, but I don't know how much less. So, I can say that he charged $375 for a "remote" case. Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.

When you consider my original ticket was $124 and that the court appearance was 100(ish) miles from home, I think you can all start to see how good of a value this was for me, relative to my taking time off work and driving down there to contest this myself, particularly considering the outcome (since the ticket never hit my driving record or insurance). I am a strong believer in traffic lawyers from here on out.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Wow thanks for the info Steve. Thats a dang good rate for travel time!! Updated first post.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I don't know about you guys but I average a speeding ticket once every year.
Pretty much on average thats the going random tax. Going to get worse once state agencies need more "supplemental" revenue.
I believe the lawyers you recommended work in the same law office as Jeanie correct?

61 - 80 of 94 Posts