Supra Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
i had 1 speeding ticket and I got it deferred when I went to the court

basically it's off record, I pay a fee, and if I get another ticket within a certain period (i forgot how long, maybe 2 years?) I'd have to pay DOUBLE on the new ticket AND pay the first ticket as well

So I just drove carefully and never got another, clean record still now

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
i had 1 speeding ticket and I got it deferred when I went to the court
basically it's off record, I pay a fee, and if I get another ticket within a certain period (i forgot how long, maybe 2 years?) I'd have to pay DOUBLE on the new ticket AND pay the first ticket as well
So I just drove carefully and never got another, clean record still now
^^ you were lucky, glad it worked out. Driving carefully doesn't mean you won't get a ticket however

thought this was an important article to share about traffic tickets:
http://blog.motorists.org/traffic-tickets-are-big-business/

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts

·
Hey man he was in my face
812 Posts
JAG just got my 12 over reduced to a cellphone violation. Still had to pay another $120 on top of the $350 but have a clean record still so it's all good.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
JAG just got my 12 over reduced to a cellphone violation. Still had to pay another $120 on top of the $350 but have a clean record still so it's all good.
lol wow. were you actually on the phone or they just use magic to change the tickets?

oh yeah you need to come get your wheels or my neighbor is going to sell them. They've been in her shed for 2 years, lol.

·
812 Posts
lol wow. were you actually on the phone or they just use magic to change the tickets?

oh yeah you need to come get your wheels or my neighbor is going to sell them. They've been in her shed for 2 years, lol.
Magic may have been involved. Lol how many wheels are there? just 2 right?

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
kinda like how speed racing (aka spinning the tires at a light) turns into a speeding ticket (yet no speed was recorded)
I love getting plead out.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I edited the original post to reflect that Bruce Howlett has passed away, and is no longer able to provide services in the portland area.

Thanks Bruce, and RIP.

Here is his obituary:

Howlett, Bruce M. 57
Nov. 06, 1953 Oct. 20, 2011
Attorney Bruce Howlett died Oct. 20, 2011. After surviving throat cancer, he passed from heart failure. Born Nov. 6, 1953, in Portland, Bruce received his law degree at Lewis & Clark College. He was a member of the Norman Leyden Singers and a soloist with the Oregon Symphony. Bruce is survived by his loving wife, Roxanne Howlett. A loving father to daughters, Brandy Anderson and Michelle Guido; and son, Justin Howlett, he is also survived by his grandsons, Ryan, Anthony and Patrick; brother, Roger Howlett; and sisters, Joan Pliska and Lori Blair. Bruce was preceded in death by his loving parents, Oscar and Rose Howlett. A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011, at Mt. Scott Funeral Home.

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Wow...that is really sad. Thanks for passing that along Mark.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Recent ticket received for 'obstructed license plate', due to a tinted frame cover.

While only $124 - it is considered a moving violation, which goes on the record. Still, too cheap a charge to pony up 300-350 for an attorney, IMHO.

Q: Anyone know if this type of infraction can be overturned by physically proving that the culprit cover was removed?

Years ago I remember receiving a "conditional" ticket for blue fog lights - that, once removed & shown to the po-po - said ticket was cancelled. However I did not receive such a condition this time, hence my question.

TIA.

·
2,260 Posts
Jeannie Mucklestone. Case dismissed in Skagit County. I was pulled over for "85" in a 70 last March. It was $500 for their services which included appearing on my behalf. I want to say they quoted me more like $300-$350 in Seattle area. Really easy to work with. A little expensive but my driving record is important and I didn't have time to deal with it myself.

·
812 Posts
I'm Going to stick with Jag suggested on here. Got a ticket for 18 over in the skyline and speeding up to pass a old lady. Jag once again got fully dismissed for $350. I believe this is the 3rd ticket he has helped me with. If anyone needs a traffic lawyer in the skagit/whatcom area let me know I have one up there as well that charges $300. Cough, Nate.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Jeannie Mucklestone. Case dismissed in Skagit County. I was pulled over for "85" in a 70 last March. It was $500 for their services which included appearing on my behalf. I want to say they quoted me more like $300-$350 in Seattle area. Really easy to work with. A little expensive but my driving record is important and I didn't have time to deal with it myself.
Her brother John is much cheaper and more of the stand alone type. The number on his card is his cell phone, he handles all his clients himself. I would say he is nearly as good as Jeannie if not as good. Since with Jeannie she has other lawyers that work for her, so I paid her good money to have someone else I didn't know take care of business when a big part of paying the big fee was partly for the name. Also they all consult with each other if they're stumped anyways.

If money was absolutely no issue I would probably go with Jeannie and pay her a little more to ensure she handles it, her office in Medina kinda speaks for itself the clientele she is onto. John is the kind of lawyer where he doesn't break your bank and takes care of everything himself. I have retained them both.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts