Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been googling ideas for doing a dual clutch paddleshifter kit for my 1990 mk3. Thought before i make any decisions i thought i would ask on here. So my question is what is out there for a good transmission and a good paddleshifter kit that both work well together

·
7M Fanatic
3,266 Posts
An automatic, with a Supra-stick controller.......

Otherwise, good luck.
A trans designed to do that will be 10k, at least, not counting special machine work to adapt it to a Mk3.

Maybe you should try just keeping your Mk3 running for a year, and go from there.

By the way, you don't need dual clutches to do this. any dog gear trans, with sequential shift can be turned into a paddle shift set-up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know much about trans at all honestly. 10k does seem a bit much. i'm more ok with 4k and other outside responses i have got was TH400 would be good, but again i know nothing about those.
i actually just had the 7m-ge rebuilt at 162k. since you said "keep it running and see after that."
and thanks, i did not know i didn't need the dual clutch, i only put that in cause once again, others have mentioned it to me...
what is your knowledge on supra-sticks? i guess what are their purpose?
by now you can probably tell i am very new tp the whole car game...

·
7M Fanatic
3,266 Posts
We can tell....

You don't need a TH400, you don't have 1/4 of the HP needed.
The stock auto, with just a few upgrades can handle 2-3 times what power you have now.
We have a thread in mk3 technical that has all the info on making the A340E take a beating.
Supra-stick will allow you to shift from buttons on the steering wheel, or an aftermarket paddle shift made to do what you want.

Oh, and I wouldn't listen to the 'others' that you have been talking to, they are as clueless as you are.

Again, your new to the Supra thing, learn the car, read the forums, and stop planning pie in the sky mods for now.
Your wallet will be much thicker in 5 years......

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
A ProEFI can do this with the Auto, and or other trans if you wish, such as a 6r80 or something if you are looking for another trans.

·
YotaMD.com author
729 Posts
Again, your new to the Supra thing, learn the car, read the forums, and stop planning pie in the sky mods for now.
Your wallet will be much thicker in 5 years......
Exactly this. One step at a time, basics first, walk before you run, etc...

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
bmw tranny? Garage wifbitz developed something I think..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts