Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, hows it going? I want to replace my GCC with the Fields unit. I already have it and just need to install it in place of the GCC. My question is pretty simple. EXACTLY what should I know about this install? Are the Fields instructions 100% accurate, and if not, what should I know and do to make this thing work properly first time out?? I will also search for other posts because I remember seeing your posts elsewhere, but I want to install this weekend and want to get it right. I'm not as worried about tuning it as I will do it on the dyno. Thanks in advance! Peace!

PS - I am already using a VPC, so I guess it will have to tie in with it. Thanks!

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
If there are any directions for it describing how to hook it up to the VPC using the blue wire.... IGNORE THEM. Apexi started this bad idea and it just should be ignored.

You install a fuel computer on a VPC car the same way you do on a MAF car -- on the wire going into the ECU on pin #66. The mass air signal wire. You cut the wire and make it go through the fuel computer. Even with a VPC car you still have a mass air signal, it's just generated by the VPC head unit rather than being actually measured by a MAF sensor.

So.. you find the yellow wire coming out of the VPC going to the ECU... you cut it... and you hook up the SFC-R input to the VPC side of the wire, and the SFC-R output to the ECU side of the wire.

The rest you install per the SFC-R instructions.....

Andi

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....

I'll give it a shot this weekend and see how it works for me. I very much appreciate the info! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts