Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people i am a newbie in San diego. i got my 93.5 mkiv hardtop TT a year ago. i need to find a good shop that to fix a dent and a do a good paint job. i am kinda on a tight budget and willing to spend $3k or less on the body and paint. can anyone help me find a good shop?

·
Registered
204 Posts
SDCSOnline.com they are located in national city.
Candies autobody in national city.
Sinful enhancements (www.sinfulenhancements.com)

...all are located in san diego and have done respectable cars. painted show cars, etc. hope this helps. good luck. take care of that rare hardtop of yours :bigthumb:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey i think i seen you around PH. you know mike right? i also have the red widebody mr2, .... yeh i seen SDCS and heard of candies, but i never heard of sinful enhancements. which shop would you go to? which would give me more bang from my buck? is Civic center any good?

·
Registered
204 Posts
yeah thats me. i remember your red mr2 widebody... you still got it? i asked mike awhile ago and he said i think he sold it and thats how he got his supra?

anyway all those are good shops and all of them are a little bit on the expensive side. but you get what you pay for. as far as spending 3k and under i dont think thatll be a problem if you plan on gettin a repaint of the stock black and clearcoat. color changin the car will kill your bank.

personally i dont know which shop i would go to. thats why i named 3 cuz those are the choices im stuck on haha. i have connects to sinful and candies but not sdcs but i know sdcs has done nice work for others. i told mike to tell you next time he sees you if you want some parts... i have wings west lip for sale ($200), whifbitz jdm sideskirts ($400), and authentic veilside rearskirts for sale ($200). and i live literally 2 minutes away from you considering you live up street from mikes pad right?? let me know...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didnt sell the mr2. i use it as my daily to save gas...well i have to fix a dent and i want to replace the stock front/rear bumpers. so that and a paint job. i will just hit you up on AIM somtimes then about everything else now. thanks man.

·
Registered
748 Posts
from what i heard, don't go to sdcs. heard to many horry stories about that places. i've heard good things though about siful.

rom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hear good and bad things too. like i have to know the people to get a good paint job and the cars that they work on . but i will definitely check out sinful now. thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't take it to SDCS!!! Crap work at high prices unless you know someone that works there, then you get crap work at discounted prices. Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BXR SUPRA said:
Let me know where you go and how it turns out. I am looking to get my hardtop done to.

Are you planning on pulling the motor?
alright i will let you know how it turns out. i will be visiting shops this week and i will post up how much they are charging me for my paint. since i am just gonna repaint my supra the same color i dont think i need to pull out the motor, and it will cost more... right?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ogre said:
Don't take it to SDCS!!! Crap work at high prices unless you know someone that works there, then you get crap work at discounted prices. Just my thoughts...
thanks for the info. i will keep that in mind. i heard that to from a couple people recently and i will take their advice.

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
alright i will let you know how it turns out. i will be visiting shops this week and i will post up how much they are charging me for my paint. since i am just gonna repaint my supra the same color i dont think i need to pull out the motor, and it will cost more... right?
Yes. I don't know how much though. What color is your car?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got my estimate yesterday at sinful. they do really good work and their quality is #1 to me. but it is a little expensive. well my car paint is a little trashed to. if the car wasnt painted two times badly, the paint job over their would have been about 4k. since it was painted badly, getting the car repaired and painted is just a bit over 6k. i was gonna have it painted by the end of the month but now i have to wait a little longer. i might even have to cell my 18" racing hart C5's just to come up with the rest of the money. :(

·
Registered
748 Posts
is your supra a hardtop? also, if you sell your c5's how much do you want for them?

rom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yehi got a hardtop. dont know if i am gonna sell my rims. its hard to part from rims like that. but if i did sell them, it would be around 1600.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they are planning to take apart everything except the engine. so they are goin to remove all the glass, moldings, and doors.

·
Registered
748 Posts
i just stopped by sinful today to get a quote and was quoted around $4800 just to do exterior with the stock black paint. they said t hey would removed the exterior trimmings though. the body is in good shape except for small door ding nthe drivers door. that seem high just for stock color and repainting the exterior only or is that the average?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts