Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any paint expert help me with this color and type of paint it might be.The color shift at different angle between Lt blue and purple.Previous owner had a custom paint job and I can't contact him now. I need to get my hands on some to paint the new bumper that I am about to replace, because the old bumper is crack. Any information highly appreciated.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
prepare to get flamed, but back on topic, that appears to be Dupont ChromaLusion ,it's hard to tell you which one ,but it's one of the following:
1) KK762 Coarse Purpleen over Value Shade 5
2) KK760 Absolute Purpleen over Value Shade 6
3) KK702 Coarse Blasberry over Vlaue Shade 5
4) KK700 True Blasberry over Value Shade 6

I suggest calling around your local auto paint stores and find which one has DuPont paint line and check out their color charts,be prepared to pay for that shit, it will run you around $400 a pint

Stefan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the reply exvelocity. I'll check my local auto paint shop see if they can come up with the codes your listed.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
np, when calling just ask if they have ChromaLusion books, if not, don't waste your time,because you will have to lay the spray out chip on the car to determine which one matches the best, also keep in mind ,that all youre getting is gray color base and expensive pearl which gets more intense with more coats, usually the spray out chips are heavily coated and most paint shops just skimp out and dont put on as much to keep the cost down,
Stefan

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That could also be from PPG's line called Harlequin.
The color code I think that is, is DH987. Im looking in the book right now and it looks almost exact to your car.
The stuff is about 25 dollars an ounce at cost. So good luck :)
Look into PPG Harlequin DH987 Cyan to Purple. This may be it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts