Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To make a long story short s*%t happens. I hate to even say it but I really just need a quick fix for my front bumper. I really would love to respray the car in a single stage, because hearing about it's durability it’s really what I need. But my husband’s Supra has been on the back burner for far too long.

This is what I’m thinking. I have some left over RSP paint from another project. I’m thinking of just using a small brush and just touching it up for NOW ONLY! I realize it will be visible up close....but as u can see...it’s very noticeable from a mile away. Any other thoughts or ideas would be great!

Here's my boo boo

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
if you touch it up it'll look like crap, the chip is way too big ,I'm sure I can fix it and do a spot and you'll never be able to tell, I've done dozens of spot repairs on brand new freshh off the boat Duval Acura's cars

Stefan

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you touch it up it'll look like crap, the chip is way too big ,I'm sure I can fix it and do a spot and you'll never be able to tell, I've done dozens of spot repairs on brand new freshh off the boat Duval Acura's cars

Stefan
Having you fix it is EXACTLY the way I want to do it. Im just trying to pacify myself until my husbands car gets up and running again.

·
1993 RHD/RSP Supra
631 Posts
can i ask what you use??? an airbrush or do you use a blending technique? I just have seen ALOT of failed blends where after a while you see it and sometimes it burns back if someone that doesnt know how to buff a blend get that line. am sure you know what im talking about... I was just curious..

·
Banned
621 Posts
To make a long story short s*%t happens. I hate to even say it but I really just need a quick fix for my front bumper. I really would love to respray the car in a single stage, because hearing about his durability it’s really what I need. But my husband’s Supra has been on the back burner for far too long.

This is what I’m thinking. I have some left over RSP paint from another project. I’m thinking of just using a small brush and just touching it up for NOW ONLY! I realize it will be visible up close....but as u can see...it’s very noticeable from a mile away. Any other thoughts or ideas would be great!

Here's my boo boo

Do you have a problem with the way i painted the car?

Larry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do you have a problem with the way i painted the car?

Larry

Larry, I reread my 2 previous post they were confusing. Please accept my apology, in no way did I mean that I was unhappy with the work you did. I still can't get over how nice the rear end is, makes me smile just thinking about it :).

ALL the problems I’m having with the paint were all done by ME! Either during the build in my garage, rock chips, etc.

After seeing a single staged paint job and hearing about its durability….it just got me thinking.....I do drive this car......things will always happen....maybe a single stage will just cut down on the amount of times I have to go for touch ups?

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
can i ask what you use??? an airbrush or do you use a blending technique? I just have seen ALOT of failed blends where after a while you see it and sometimes it burns back if someone that doesnt know how to buff a blend get that line. am sure you know what im talking about... I was just curious..

that's a top secret info,my friend,:nono:

on spot repair I always use a small detail gun,the rest is combination of blending technique,years of experience,proper materials and prep work,

I can do a spot in the middle of a black hood and you won't find it:cool: dealers were tripping after I spotted a key scratch down the whole side of brand new Honda Ridgline:biggrin:

Stefan

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
I really wish I lived near you, I have spots on my pearl white paint that are also how the OP is as well. And as far as I know most shops can't even do a spot job for this paint or blend it well enough at all. Ahh.. Is it that hard to find a shop that can do that!!!!

·
Banned
621 Posts
Larry, I reread my 2 previous post they were confusing. Please accept my apology, in no way did I mean that I was unhappy with the work you did. I still can't get over how nice the rear end is, makes me smile just thinking about it :).

ALL the problems I’m having with the paint were all done by ME! Either during the build in my garage, rock chips, etc.

After seeing a single staged paint job and hearing about its durability….it just got me thinking.....I do drive this car......things will always happen....maybe a single stage will just cut down on the amount of times I have to go for touch ups?

No problem, just checking. :bigthumb:

You just need to be careful, i drove my 97 daily for 2.5 years with out any scratches or dings. :D

·
Banned
621 Posts
that's a top secret info,my friend,:nono:

on spot repair I always use a small detail gun,the rest is combination of blending technique,years of experience,proper materials and prep work,

I can do a spot in the middle of a black hood and you won't find it:cool: dealers were tripping after I spotted a key scratch down the whole side of brand new Honda Ridgline:biggrin:

Stefan
You are not the only one my friend. :stickpoke

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
You are not the only one my friend. :stickpoke
Oh yeah? How many spot jobs have you done?You like to sand and paint a whole car, I like to preserve as much of the original paint as possible and keeping the repair area as small as possible:stickpoke, I just did a three stage paint 3" radius spot on rear bumper and you can't tell where the chip was

·
Banned
621 Posts
Oh yeah? How many spot jobs have you done?You like to sand and paint a whole car, I like to preserve as much of the original paint as possible and keeping the repair area as small as possible:stickpoke, I just did a three stage paint 3" radius spot on rear bumper and you can't tell where the chip was
You can't count that high. :stickpoke :biggrin:

·
1993 RHD/RSP Supra
631 Posts
I was just asking.. We do it at work all the time but sometimes the detailrs get to it not thinking there was any blends there..and well you guys no what happens at that point....anywho.. I know alot of it is expernace i was just hoping for a little more knowledge..LOL.. its all good...
thanks again
Chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
single stage paints tend to fade quicker. there usually isnt as much clear to protect the paint. but then again, i dont do a lot of single stage paint. mostly base/clear. is that true about single stage, stefan/larry?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts