Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
painted my car, ended up painting it with spray cans with white supra paint, well the guy who painted it got overspray on everything!!!! :1poke: i got the overspray off the tires and im going to paint the black molding around the windows, but the trim on the side is all oversprayed, guy at maaco said he could paint it black :rolleyes: but i rather keep it grey. i've tried to get the excess paint off using everything i could think of- gas,compound,etc every method worked a little bit but there is still quite a bit of overspray. What can I use to get this off without completely ruining the paint on the body parts????pleez help :bowdown:

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Would love to see some pictures, as for overspray, you need to wetsand those areas very good.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Here's what you need.

Steel Wool.
Wet Sand Paper.
Rubbing Compound
Electric Polisher

Steel wool gets the stuff off your windows, don't worry about stratching them, they won't get stratched.

For your moldings, hit them lightly with your wet sand paper. LOL just make sure it's wet. LOL. Move evenly across the moldings. After they're off, they'll look a little dull so polish them!

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Try a clay bar first. I had some on my car from a job (very fine mist over most of it) and spent a day wash/clay/wash/wax. Got ALL of it off, no wetsanding. At least try it. Might save you $?

-Brian

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
maaco painted your car with spray paint??

·
Knockin the rod in slopra
811 Posts
lmao i painted my moulding with spray can.

and couple paint fuck-up by previous owner. just to get me by till i get a real paint job tho.. dont look too bad, unless you really look at it

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
you can get good results from spray cans on small parts, but i don't think it'd work so well on the whole car...

i bought some paint from paintscratch.com and did my mirrors, front mudflaps, fuel door and i'm about to do the trim and headlight covers. i'm part way through doing the top of the drivers side quarter panel cuz the clearcoat was gone and i'm about to do part of the hood. it doesn't match perfectly but it looks a lot better than it did and it will hold me over until i have the opportunity to get it painted.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
it is possible to do a decent job on small areas of the car with a spray can. problem is that the spray can doesn't coat as evenly as a gun and people tend to have very poor can-control resulting in an uneven coating, orange peel, and overspray. I painted part of the rear of my car where I had the quarter panel welded with a spray can and it turned out quite well.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
brewster said:
you can get good results from spray cans on small parts, but i don't think it'd work so well on the whole car...

i bought some paint from paintscratch.com and did my mirrors, front mudflaps, fuel door and i'm about to do the trim and headlight covers. i'm part way through doing the top of the drivers side quarter panel cuz the clearcoat was gone and i'm about to do part of the hood. it doesn't match perfectly but it looks a lot better than it did and it will hold me over until i have the opportunity to get it painted.
yah i know that. i painted one of my side mirrors with a spray can and no one can tell the difference. :)

i also knew a guy that painted his whole car flat black with spray can... last time i saw him he was getting the over spray off with a knife. :kekegay:

·
Knockin the rod in slopra
811 Posts
apearantly nobody's heard of masking tape + free local paper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts