Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of some work I have done to my calipers. Let me know what you think.

Brad

·
Registered
313 Posts
That's pretty sweet man...but did you have to post such large pic??

other than that..i think i looks awesome.!!!

what kind of paint did you use?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used some brake caliper paint that I bought from pep boys that is in a high gloss black finish.

·
supraman
632 Posts
hey brad, How did you paint the white TRD logo? Generally how does one paint the different logos? Like AP Racing/ Brembo etc?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the TRD logo is a silver metallic sticker that I found on ebay. It ended up working really well too. Also I do need to get a wire brush and some chemicals on that wheel hub to stop the freaking rusting.

Thanks,

Brad

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
I just painted mine last week. Here's some pics.

Later, Steve

Steve,

How did you make that Supra logo look so damn nice.
Please tell us :)
Painting my callipers this weekend but havn´t figured out a way to get it look so good as your.

Thanks

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Looks very nice! Here is a shot of mine with Red calipers and the brushed alluminum logo's from hardpipes.com

·
3,148 Posts
I bought stencils for the logo from someone on this forum a long time ago. The stencils don't include the red line, I just taped that off myself. The stencil is like tape with the logo cut into it. You stick it on the caliper, paint the logo, and remove the stencil. I would worry about the heat melting the glue on a sticker or emblem. I used 500 degree engine paint and it has held up well on the roadcourse. I did the same with my other Supra (with no logo) and after 3 track events and about 25,000 miles they also looked like new.

Later, Steve

·
3,148 Posts
I bought stencils for the logo from someone on this forum a long time ago. The stencils don't include the red line, I just taped that off myself. The stencil is like tape with the logo cut into it. You stick it on the caliper, paint the logo, and remove the stencil. I would worry about the heat melting the glue on a sticker or emblem. I used 500 degree engine paint and it has held up well on the roadcourse. I did the same with my other Supra (with no logo) and after 3 track events and about 25,000 miles they also looked like new.

Later, Steve

S

·
0 Posts
did you guys just tape over everything but the calipers and go wild with the spray paint, or did you remove the calipers? i would like to paint mine but am not sure how difficult it is to remove the calipers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Look at my post in the NA section titled "does brake caliper paint really work?" It tells you in there how to remove your calipers. I removed mine to paint them, but I think you can do it either way.

Brad

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Actually, you can also just use some engine paint and that will work if you want to ghetto rig it. I did that on my rx-7 and I was shocked at how good it looked. You can get the paint from just about any car parts store. It is imperative you properly clean the calipers first, however.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts