Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Unstable
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any resurface their dash panels? (around shifter, AC, gauges) I saw a silver MKIV this weekend that had the panels painted to match the exterior and it look VERY nice. I think red on the panels would just be too much for me. I'm looking for pics and ideas on what to do as far as paint type, dash kits, color and texture.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
You really cant go wrong with Carbon Fiber!

I once saw a sweet titanium dash kit.. even had the blue tinging (spelling?) at the edges.. it looked sweet!

good with red (IMO)

- titanium
- brushed aluminum
- satin carbon fiber

If you want a splash of red, try and find a carbon-fiber + red kevlar weave.. they even have different patterns such as tweed, etc.

·
A Mile High
114 Posts
I painted my dash to match the car paint, pre 98 dashs have to be sanded down to get the top gel-like coating off before painting.

Other then that, nothing else but base, color and clear

·
Unstable
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finished stripping a few panels. I was told and can confirm that acetone works very well for removing the coating. I used a plastic putty knife for starters, and finished with the acetone. Put down some flat black and took a liking to it. Looks like the 98 dash now, but I like it. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Im in the process of painting ALL my interior pannels with auto motive base clear paint. Its a MR2, but the process i found is really easy and takes little time for perfectly smooth finish. Just use your paint gun and shoot 4-5 layers of euro prime, sand with light grit, shoot some more prime, light sand, and paint. This is more for the textured vynal pannels aside from the dash... Will post pics when I get a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts