Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Painted Dash Panels **PICS**

Well I finally got around to it, and i decided to go with a color that if you didn't know you really cant tell it much different from stock. :lol: Oh well I do like it better though I think it looks just a bit better. I had planned to do it QS FX but i misplaced the paint i had and the only thing left in my car was the steering wheels so I wasn't gonna waste all that effort and not paint it. ;) I also dyed my carpet while I was at it. Its not as dark as I had hoped so imma do a 2nd and 3rd coat here in a couple weeks.

It was hard to get a good shot where you can see the difference, but you can tell its only a slight one. I used no clear as i hate that glossy look and the stock finish looks best IMO. Good 20 dollar "mod" IMO

The one thing i forgot was the window/doorlock surrounds. When I go pick up some more paint im going to do those as well. I left the top unfinished or should i say uninstalled for now. I have an extra one thats painted (didn't come out well need to redo it) so imma try that one in RSP. Just to see if I can get some color into the interior. Just not too much to be tacky hopefully it comes out well.

Oh another thing that bothers me is the ignition lock. It looks like shit so i may find a way to refinish that as well. Maybe sand it down to just metal. It's and odd thing to do but it bugs me for some reason, haha. There is a bunch of other small interior things I have in mind hopefully May will be a good month and I can.

Alex

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it wasnt beat up at all. No scratches anywhere. I just wanted a little different look in there. Even though most people wouldn't be able to tell. Oh yeah I need to get some of the chrome rings also. Should look good.

Thanks for the compliments though. Imma figure out something to do with the top. I need to redo the shifter surround just because it needs to be sanded a little more as there was some cracking of paint that was on it before. You can tell in the pic, but it is the same exact shade. ;)

Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
urdabum said:
what kind of paint did you use for the dash?
I wanna know too. Can you just take it down to the sprayers and get them to do it? Do they have the right sort of paint or do you have to specify?? :)

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just went to vatozone and spent a good 10 minutes deciding on what color i wanted. :lol: Nothing special. I used some prep stuff, and adhesion promoter. Then a few light coats. After a couple I sanded out some high spots then added a couple more coats.

Alex

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alx2785 said:
I just went to vatozone and spent a good 10 minutes deciding on what color i wanted. :lol: Nothing special. I used some prep stuff, and adhesion promoter. Then a few light coats. After a couple I sanded out some high spots then added a couple more coats.

Alex

still dont know wat color it is

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
Sorry i havent gotten the paint color yet, i just havent gone back to the garage to find it. I didnt use anything to remove the stock finish. I figured if the stock shit on there will hold up well enough I can just rough it up with some 800grit, spray on some adhesion promoter and paint away.

Alex

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Let us know what paint color you used...give info. Where did you pick up the paint at? I am going to have to do this after I remove a dask 'sticker' kit from the Supra I am buying.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh yeah sorry about that guys. i got the paint from autozone. I think it was a GM color. Im not home right now, but once I make it home tonight ill go look through the garage. it looks nice in the sunlight as it has a little bit of metallic flake in it. Nothing crazy though/

Alex

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Damn dude! Im still waiting! :) What color!!??!!?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts