Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
I painted my calipers this weekend (with great tips from Sean, "blkturbo!, Thanks man!), and I used the stencils from hardpipes.com. I was able to use chrome paint to get the results from the chrome decals. Looks pretty good IMO!

· Registered
125 Posts
I'll get some pics up. I still have my TT stockers (didn't have a camera while doing the job). I guess it went pretty smooth. I gave up on the fronts with the wire wheel after a while (didn't see much difference). You were right about the rears being real simple to smooth down.

For an amature painter, I'm pretty impressed with myself. I didn't have any clear coat, and I'm wondering if an application will help with the resistance of brake dust build-up, because there is already some sign of dirt on the front passenger caliper.

I had to try bleeding the brakes on my own. I used the method of running a hose from the bleeder valve to an empty water bottle and pumping them till the fluid ran out (and the bottle started to fill up). Didn't work the best. However, I only ran through each brake line once (meaning I didn't repeat the process). Peddle pressure is definitely not where it should be, but it's not my daily driver :) so I'll get someone to run through it with me later.

Thanks for your help again Sean. I'll post pics when I have some time to get around to it. Maybe this weekend, unless I find some more time to screw around with the car ;)

· Registered
125 Posts
Should I even bother then? I'm not picky about the finish (flat finish currently). It's not wiping off too easily however. Let me know what you think. Thanks again buddy.

· Registered
125 Posts
You're right on the dot. The build up I'm having isn't yet in the creases. The smooth flat surface gets dirt and the flat spray I used makes it hard to wipe off. For a guy like myself who doesn't have immediate body shop access, would a can of clear (2-3 coats as you suggested) be relatively adequate for "cleaning purposes". If not, are my only other options are to take the car in to have the calipers cleared?

I may be doing a RMM lip and Seibon TS hood so a body shop may be in my near future. I just don't want all of my work to go to waste once the dust build up is there and I can't easily fix the dirt problem without a quick fresh coat of new paint. Ughh...what a PITA! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.