Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a ridox front bumper and now to go with that i want to get a seibon carbon fiber hood or the more expensive fiber glass top secret hood i just wanted to see if anyone knows if its ok to paint carbon fiber and if it will match? thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a Seibon carbon fiber hood painted RR and you can see that it is a carbon fiber hood. It has that weave pattern in the paint..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys i was wondering cause the guy who is suppose to paint my ridox bumper and TH hood suggested to me that it wouldnt come out bad but if u guys say it works ill take it lol.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
You would need to sand and prep the carbon fiber anyhow so I don't think the weave pattern would show. I'm not a ainter so I could be wrong but I would figure once it's sanded smooth it would be like any other material that you spray.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You would need to sand and prep the carbon fiber anyhow so I don't think the weave pattern would show. I'm not a ainter so I could be wrong but I would figure once it's sanded smooth it would be like any other material that you spray.
I hope lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
Make sure you painter can prep the carbon fiber properly. I've seen cf hoods painted before, some came out awesome and some just looked very dull compared to the rest of the car.

~Asim

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
ewww sanding on that much carbon fiber would be the very last thing i would want to do, ive never itched so bad in my life. I think i would rather have poison oak in my lungs.... well its not that bad, but pretty close

1 - 12 of 12 Posts